Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2011, 04:27 PM

6 posts, read 12,588 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband are looking into moving to Louisiana, to get out of Illinois and be closer to my family. I'm currently researching towns and cities to move to. I need to move somewhere that have a lot of Walgreens nearby, since I currently work for that company. I also want to live in a more rural area, not in a big city. School systems are really important to us since we have a son. So far from reading around, sounds like St Tammany parish has some of the best school systems. I also heard that Central is a pretty good town to live in too, and it's close to Baton Rouge where there are a lot of Walgreens. Does anybody have any suggestions of places i should look into? Also with our current income, we are going to rent an apartment while we get settled in with our jobs and neighborhood before we start looking for a house. Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times
I live in Central . Great school system . Yes , we have a Walgreens . Very limited rental property though . We kind of like it that way .

Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 PM

71 posts, read 184,944 times
Zachary (North of Baton Rouge), Ascension Parish, Livingston Parish- all have great schools

Old 02-15-2011, 07:54 PM

432 posts, read 1,085,895 times
I've lost count of the Walgreens stores here in Lafayette. They keep popping up. Many to choose from, but the southernmost location at Broussard Road could be described as rural. At least for now.

I suggest that you apply at the Congress at Ambassador Caffery location. Right across the street is one of the best public schools in the Lafayette area. Prairie Elementary. They are reputed to be outstanding....

Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 PM

6 posts, read 12,588 times
Thank you everyone! I will look into these locations. I'm very excited to move back home where I belong

Old 02-22-2011, 08:41 PM

97 posts, read 285,540 times
Livingston Parish has great schools. There are several Walgreen's between the Denham Springs, Walker & Watson areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana