Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 12:42 PM

71 posts, read 184,819 times

Advertisements

I could possibly be transferring to ULL this fall. I found two complexes of interest on Apartment Finder's website, River Ranch and MainStreet Annex. Are these good for college students? If so, how long is the commute?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 PM

432 posts, read 1,085,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon 12 View Post
I could possibly be transferring to ULL this fall. I found two complexes of interest on Apartment Finder's website, River Ranch and MainStreet Annex. Are these good for college students? If so, how long is the commute?
Not sure how many students live there, but commute time will greatly depend on the time of day. Great area with lots to do, but if driving to and parking on campus, it could take as long as thirty minutes as you would take Kaliste Saloon to Pinhook, then to St. Mary or University.

If you park at Cajun Field and take the shuttle, you would take Carmelia to Congress. Probably less time, but then when you factor in the shuttle, it may be a wash.

Bottom line, as nice (and expensive) as those apartments are, they really aren't the most convenient to the campus.

Anyone of you other Lafayette folks know the name of those apartments on Bertrand near the new Rouses? Those look nice. And the best part is, they are so close to DEANO'S!!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLFT View Post
Not sure how many students live there, but commute time will greatly depend on the time of day. Great area with lots to do, but if driving to and parking on campus, it could take as long as thirty minutes as you would take Kaliste Saloon to Pinhook, then to St. Mary or University.

If you park at Cajun Field and take the shuttle, you would take Carmelia to Congress. Probably less time, but then when you factor in the shuttle, it may be a wash.

Bottom line, as nice (and expensive) as those apartments are, they really aren't the most convenient to the campus.

Anyone of you other Lafayette folks know the name of those apartments on Bertrand near the new Rouses? Those look nice. And the best part is, they are so close to DEANO'S!!
Thanks for the info. Are there any apartments closer to campus that you would recommend?

Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,031,283 times
There are two different complexes back there, University House and Campus Crossings. There are a lot of good small and medium sized complexes on South College. Some names that come to mind are South College Gardens, Acadian House, and Eagle Run. I lived at Eagle Run for a year and while it did the job the building was a little aged and it could get riffy-raffy. The other two are nicer. University Place Apartments are as close as you can get to campus without being on it, but the building is showing is age. Don't forget about on-campus Legacy Park, those buildings are all 5 years or so young.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:28 AM

299 posts, read 641,452 times
Quote:
If you're referring to the Apartments near the intersection of Bertrand and Dulles, I believe they are called Campus Edge. They do look nice, but from what I have heard, they can be expensive.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
If you're referring to the Apartments near the intersection of Bertrand and Dulles, I believe they are called Campus Edge. They do look nice, but from what I have heard, they can be expensive.
I'm thinking of the ones between the new Rouses and Drug Emporium. I think they were built within the last five years, or so.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 PM

Thanks again, everyone! I've never actually been to Lafayette, but I've only passed through a few times.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon 12 View Post
Thanks again, everyone! I've never actually been to Lafayette, but I've only passed through a few times.
I suggest that you make the drive and scope it all out. Go to the university and the athletic complex. Lots of apartment options at both places. If you still want to consider River Ranch, it is a very nice area which will offer plenty of shopping and some good eating, but is not exactly convenient to the university.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana