Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
Well that's strike 2 against you sir. I realize Annie is a guy. I didn't say otherwise. And I never for a moment suggested that I was superior to anybody. If you would care to read what I wrote then you would understand that. I have real issues in my life and confess them consisently. And again if you would understand scripture, judging is allowed for other believers. I'll say this one more time, if you were in church and the priest was sleeping around, would you not judge him?? And believe me if I was single and had no responsiblities, I would right out there lifting people up.
Baseball is for twelve year olds. I stopped reading after the first sentence.

I'm eating quesadillas right now. Something that probably wouldn't exist without those infernal Catholics. I'll probably wash it down with some Jack Daniels. Damn Kentucky Catholics and their booze.

Appalachia is the most WASPish area of the country. Perhaps you'd fit in there, except that they, like everybody else with any sense, also see that alcohol has some health benefits. Too bad, you'll just have to be miserable in New Orleans.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM

270 posts, read 587,373 times
It's obvious you stopped reading after the first sentence. Maybe you should read on because you are too immature to have a discussion with. I never said Catholics were inferior, or that I am opposed to anyone having a casual drink.

Have a blessed day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neworleansisprettygood View Post
Baseball is for twelve year olds. I stopped reading after the first sentence.

I'm eating quesadillas right now. Something that probably wouldn't exist without those infernal Catholics. I'll probably wash it down with some Jack Daniels. Damn Kentucky Catholics and their booze.

Appalachia is the most WASPish area of the country. Perhaps you'd fit in there, except that they, like everybody else with any sense, also see that alcohol has some health benefits. Too bad, you'll just have to be miserable in New Orleans.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,353 times
[quote=WhoDat2011;21639973]I never said Catholics were inferior, or that I am opposed to anyone having a casual drink.

quote]

No, you just alluded to it. Thinking it is just as bad as saying it. Just because you tell somebody not to feel insulted doesn't mean you didn't just insult them. I wasn't going to talk to you about this anymore, but you just made it way too easy for me to call you out.

Have a blessed day up there on your high horse.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
10 Scariest States to Be An Atheist | Belief | AlterNet

Louisiana is the worst state to be an atheist, according to this article. All I can say is thankfully I live in Connecticut where religion is not so important to most people.

As an atheist myself, I find it completely sad and unacceptable that this LA boy's parents kicked him out of the house during his high school years, simply because he was a nonbeliever.
I don't agree with this article. I have lived in Louisiana and I have lived in Missouri and I can tell you that Missouri is the winner in this contest by a mile.

The difference being that where I lived in Louisiana most (if not all) of the people were Catholic. So, it was ok to drink, it was ok to dance, it was ok to "pass a good time", because you could go to church in the morning and the priest would make it all better. So, nobody criticized you for enjoying yourself. In Missouri where everybody is either Baptist or Pentecostal, you would think that having a glass of wine with dinner was the same as murdering a dozen girl scouts with a bloody axe. They are judgmental and hateful and the *only* people who are right are them and you better darn well get with the program or you're headed on a one-way flight to hell.

Give me Louisiana ANY DAY when it comes to religion.

20yrsinBranson
goddless heathen

Old 11-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Howdy sir,

I cannot control what you think. If you want to read into things I say, then that's your right. But don't hold me accountable for your perceptions on what you feel I said when I never said it. In fact I did there is nothing wrong with having a drink, so your assumption is incorrect. I did condemn drunkeness and I was calling out the Catholic church for not preaching on drunkenness. Now if you want to call me out on that thought, then go ahead. It would prove me point that the Catholic church does not concern itself with it's members committing sin, and you have essentially made my point for me.

Have a blessed day.

[quote=MetroBTR;21645126]
Quote:
I never said Catholics were inferior, or that I am opposed to anyone having a casual drink.

quote]

No, you just alluded to it. Thinking it is just as bad as saying it. Just because you tell somebody not to feel insulted doesn't mean you didn't just insult them. I wasn't going to talk to you about this anymore, but you just made it way too easy for me to call you out.

Have a blessed day up there on your high horse.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Howdy sir,

I cannot control what you think. If you want to read into things I say, then that's your right. But don't hold me accountable for your perceptions on what you feel I said when I never said it. In fact I did there is nothing wrong with having a drink, so your assumption is incorrect. I did condemn drunkeness and I was calling out the Catholic church for not preaching on drunkenness. Now if you want to call me out on that thought, then go ahead. It would prove me point that the Catholic church does not concern itself with it's members committing sin, and you have essentially made my point for me.

Have a blessed day.
You cannot control what anyone here thinks, but you can control what you say. You've continuously made foolish statements and refused to try and reach any sort of agreement with anybody. You've essentially told everyone "my way or the highway" and refuse to accept that you are misinformed about just about every single topic you've spoken on. Here is a hint that will help you a lot in life--when you don't know what you are talking about, and people who know better correct you, thank them and use your new found understanding to your own advantage. It's rare that all posters feel the need to unite and call out the ludicrous claims of one particular poster. That in itself should tell you something. I can also tell you from experience that nobody who has been really "debating" this issue with you has a history of being unreasonable in the forums.

You've admitted you don't have alot of experience in Catholic Churches, so you are really not very familiar with the subject you are speaking on. No Catholic church, or church of any denomination for that matter, is exactly the same. What one priest preaches and what another preaches can vary to the extremes. How in the world do you know that every other Catholic Church on the planet--besides the ones you've been to--don't preach against drunkeness? You don't. You are absurd.

If you're going to condemn Catholics, and drunks, you might as well condemn everyone on the planet who has ever over-indulged in food. Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags.” They both get lumped together here. Have you never eaten more than you should, or is your horse too high in the air for you to reach the buffet?

You know what, I think you just need to stop judging people entirely and keep it to yourself. If you can't even listen to reason without saying "yes, but...(paraphrase earlier post)" then you probably aren't qualified to make judgements about other people's salvation.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 PM

Family Guy - Mad Donkey - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 04:41 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Howdy sir. I'm a gentleman and I say howdy as a way to show respect.
If you aspire to be a gentleman and show respect, I would suggest you refrain from trying to proselytize and forcing your religious views on others ... especially strangers.

Besides it's BAD KARMA.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Howdy sir. Let me correct you on some of your points. First of all, it's not my rules, but it's God's rule. Don't shoot the messenger sir and if you have a problem with the word of God on drunkenness then you take it out on him, and not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
You cannot control what anyone here thinks, but you can control what you say. You've continuously made foolish statements and refused to try and reach any sort of agreement with anybody. You've essentially told everyone "my way or the highway" and refuse to accept that you are misinformed about just about every single topic you've spoken on.

Point 2: I know what I'm talking about. I read my Bible and attempt to follow it. I am not proud when I sin and when I do, I confess it. So when you say I don't know what I'm talking about when I support scripture, you are really saying that YOU don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Here is a hint that will help you a lot in life--when you don't know what you are talking about, and people who know better correct you, thank them and use your new found understanding to your own advantage.

Point 3: Ok, I'll let you talk about it. You are a proud Catholic. How long have you been going to church, and how many times has your priest preached about the sin of drunkenness? Let's here it! I'll open up that question to the rest of you.

Quote:
You've admitted you don't have alot of experience in Catholic Churches, so you are really not very familiar with the subject you are speaking on. No Catholic church, or church of any denomination for that matter, is exactly the same. What one priest preaches and what another preaches can vary to the extremes. How in the world do you know that every other Catholic Church on the planet--besides the ones you've been to--don't preach against drunkeness? You don't. You are absurd.

Point 4: When you talk about judging, you better realize you probably have bad theology. We are told to judge unless it's from non-Christians. Sure we all judge non-Christians and we are all guilty of it. A perfect example if the Penn State defensive coach. Are you telling me for a second you are not judging him right now? Scripture however tells us we should judge believers, and if you want the scripture, I'll be glad to provide it to you.

Quote:
You know what, I think you just need to stop judging people entirely and keep it to yourself. If you can't even listen to reason without saying "yes, but...(paraphrase earlier post)" then you probably aren't qualified to make judgements about other people's salvation.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,946,612 times
You've obviously got some hangup with A. Catholics and B. drinking.

Lots of kids drink. Lots of adults drink. I don't see anybody here advocating going through life as an alcoholic. But continue trying to twist around what everybody else is saying to pound your inane point home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana