Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,108,879 times

Advertisements

What is your obsession with drunks?

Old 11-10-2011, 02:36 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,440,870 times
See, that's why I stopped. Outside of the extreme emphasis on drunkenness everything else is a matter theology. How to sit here and determine which one is "right" is beyond me. I mean, who is to determine that?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,664,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
Howdy sir. Let me correct you on some of your points. First of all, it's not my rules, but it's God's rule. Don't shoot the messenger sir and if you have a problem with the word of God on drunkenness then you take it out on him, and not me.

Point 2: I know what I'm talking about. I read my Bible and attempt to follow it. I am not proud when I sin and when I do, I confess it. So when you say I don't know what I'm talking about when I support scripture, you are really saying that YOU don't know what you are talking about.

Point 3: Ok, I'll let you talk about it. You are a proud Catholic. How long have you been going to church, and how many times has your priest preached about the sin of drunkenness? Let's here it! I'll open up that question to the rest of you.

Point 4: When you talk about judging, you better realize you probably have bad theology. We are told to judge unless it's from non-Christians. Sure we all judge non-Christians and we are all guilty of it. A perfect example if the Penn State defensive coach. Are you telling me for a second you are not judging him right now? Scripture however tells us we should judge believers, and if you want the scripture, I'll be glad to provide it to you.

lol, Well "sir", let me correct a few of your misguided "points"
Point 1: We all know this isn't really about drinking or what God thinks about it, this is about you putting down on Catholics. Don't try to weasel out of it. Don't shoot the messenger when I tell you that you have the comprehension abilities of a flower pot.
Point 2: You don't know what you are talking about when you find fault with the Catholic church, obviously. There you go again trying to weasel out of the true point of issue. Again, this really isn't about scripture, and you know it. This is about your misguided perceptions of the Catholic Church and your refusal to accept that maybe since you have little experience with said Church, you might not know exactly what you're talking about.
Point 3: If you really think it is relevant, I've been going to Catholic Church since 1947. I attended Catholic school, and I was well-schooled in Catholic tradition by both the nuns there, and by my parents. I know what is a mortal sin, I know what is a venial sin. I know that the bible lumps drunkeness in with over-eating in the same sentence. So using my GOD GIVEN common sense, I spend more time encouraging my fellow Catholics to attend mass, pray, wait for marriage, avoid abortion, etc. As a child my church had a priest who preached against the dangers of over-indulging in alcohol. I had another one like that in the 70's when I lived in New Orleans. Other than that, they've preached against it about as much as they've preached against over-eating. But don't miss the point. The point is that you admitted you haven't had alot of experience in a Catholic Church, so you don't know that of which you speak.
Point 4: There you are again on your high horse, talking down to me and judging me like you are God himself. Actually I'm not judging Sandusky right now, mainly because I wasn't there, i.e. I don't know what really happened. If he really did what they say, then yes, that's disgusting. And God will handle him when his time comes. My guess is you weren't in that bathroom either. So good job admitting that you are judging a man who hasn't been proven guilty.

We also learn in church that every single human being deserves to be treated with respect and dignity regarless of whatever atrocities they may or may not be guilty of, and God is the only one with the authority to truly determine somebody's fate.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:47 PM

270 posts, read 584,411 times
Howdy sir,

I have no interest in putting down Catholics at all. I could care less about denominations. You are obsessed with your Catholic viewpoint and that's obvious since that's all you keep talking about. Look at how many times you keep repeating yourself.

I have one question for you. Do you believe and support drunkenness and do you feel the church should preach on tough love or turn a blind eye to it?

Have a blessed day

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
lol, Well "sir", let me correct a few of your misguided "points"
Point 1: We all know this isn't really about drinking or what God thinks about it, this is about you putting down on Catholics. Don't try to weasel out of it. Don't shoot the messenger when I tell you that you have the comprehension abilities of a flower pot.
Point 2: You don't know what you are talking about when you find fault with the Catholic church, obviously. There you go again trying to weasel out of the true point of issue. Again, this really isn't about scripture, and you know it. This is about your misguided perceptions of the Catholic Church and your refusal to accept that maybe since you have little experience with said Church, you might not know exactly what you're talking about.
Point 3: If you really think it is relevant, I've been going to Catholic Church since 1947. I attended Catholic school, and I was well-schooled in Catholic tradition by both the nuns there, and by my parents. I know what is a mortal sin, I know what is a venial sin. I know that the bible lumps drunkeness in with over-eating in the same sentence. So using my GOD GIVEN common sense, I spend more time encouraging my fellow Catholics to attend mass, pray, wait for marriage, avoid abortion, etc. As a child my church had a priest who preached against the dangers of over-indulging in alcohol. I had another one like that in the 70's when I lived in New Orleans. Other than that, they've preached against it about as much as they've preached against over-eating. But don't miss the point. The point is that you admitted you haven't had alot of experience in a Catholic Church, so you don't know that of which you speak.
Point 4: There you are again on your high horse, talking down to me and judging me like you are God himself. Actually I'm not judging Sandusky right now, mainly because I wasn't there, i.e. I don't know what really happened. If he really did what they say, then yes, that's disgusting. And God will handle him when his time comes. My guess is you weren't in that bathroom either. So good job admitting that you are judging a man who hasn't been proven guilty.

We also learn in church that every single human being deserves to be treated with respect and dignity regarless of whatever atrocities they may or may not be guilty of, and God is the only one with the authority to truly determine somebody's fate.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:49 PM

270 posts, read 584,411 times
I don't have an obsession of drunks. I have an obsession with the word of God and drunkenness is the topic of discussion. I am adamant on keeping God's word on whether it be drunkenness, homosexuality, prayer, the Great Commission, Jesus being the only way to heaven, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
What is your obsession with drunks?

Old 11-10-2011, 10:20 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,925,040 times

Dancing guy kicks himself in the face - YouTube

Old 11-10-2011, 10:29 PM

2,311 posts, read 4,925,040 times
I don't feel the need to post on this thread any longer. I'll say, though, that you are a waste of space, on this board and probably in real life, and that your vile hatred for anyone who disagrees with you or has an ounce of fun in their life makes me sick to my stomach.

I wash my hands of this nonsense.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,336,222 times
Doesn't everybody already know, the way to heaven is by following the word of WhoDat2011, oh wait isn't that breaking a little thing called the 1st commandment. Claiming that your interpretation of the bible is absolute truth and judging people for not following your belief system to a dime is sin as well. Only God is perfect and people from all faiths have sins (i.e., Muslims don't drink, but they are allowed more than one wife.) Just putting in my 2cents

Old 11-10-2011, 11:45 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,664,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
Howdy sir,

I have no interest in putting down Catholics at all. I could care less about denominations. You are obsessed with your Catholic viewpoint and that's obvious since that's all you keep talking about. Look at how many times you keep repeating yourself.

I have one question for you. Do you believe and support drunkenness and do you feel the church should preach on tough love or turn a blind eye to it?

Have a blessed day
Let me take this time to remind you of the post that started it all and spiraled into this whole mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011
Why do so many Catholics use drinking as a reason to support that faith? It's not that Protestants believe we shouldn't have fun or indulge in a drink, but our lives don't revolve around it. I once asked a girl why she was Catholic and she said it was because she liked to drink. Do you know how pathetic that sounds? When people have that mentality, they choose to study "religion" over trying to be Christlike. Yes we are all sinners, but to choose your faith because you want to go out and get drunk and screw a bunch of dudes is sad. If you have that attitude, you are not saved as the Bible tells us so.

There is a huge difference between having a drink or two and drunkenness. Way to many Catholics disregard the sin of drunkenness and even choose to advocate it. This to me shows they don't care to learn what the Bible says and when you don't know what God's word is, how can you pretend to believe you know him; and if you don't know him, I have some bad news. Jesus makes it very clear to people who don't know him and if they have salvation in heaven.
Me and a few other people (who I guess are Catholic) made a few sarcastic remarks about religious stereotypes, particularly the as of yet unproven stereotype that Catholics drink significantly more than other groups.

Somehow, for some reason known only to you and to God himself, you saw that as justification to attack the very teachings of the Catholic Church. And against the odds, it has evolved into a seven page long pissing match. Are you proud of that? Do you feel God is pleased?

Whatever, man. Now I'm going to have my first drink in two weeks. You'll be in my prayers tonight. I sure hope you can find peace and overcome your misconceptions--and learn to learn from others.

Last edited by MetroBTR; 11-10-2011 at 11:55 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 11:56 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,108,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Let me take this time to remind you of the post that started it all and spiraled into this whole mess.

Me and a few other people (who I guess are Catholic) made a few sarcastic remarks about religious stereotypes, particularly the as of yet unproven stereotype that Catholics drink significantly more than other groups.

Somehow, for some reason known only to God himself, you saw that as justification to attack the very teachings of the Catholic Church. And against the odds, it has evolved into a seven page long pissing match. Are you proud of that? Do you feel God is pleased?

Whatever, man. Now I'm going to have my first drink in two weeks. You'll be in my prayers tonight. I sure hope you can find peace and overcome your misconceptions--and learn to learn from others.
Us Catholics can out **** anyone else, the Crown runs right through after you break the seal.

Edit: You can say pissing but not p1ss?! Absurd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana