Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this plan for Louisiana?
Absolutley! 3 17.65%
I like it. 0 0%
A bit extreme. 2 11.76%
I do not agree with any of this! 12 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 PM

114 posts, read 302,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You didn't need to expand into this rambling, dodging the question in the process.
Point is, they won't let us go. This campaign is irrelevant.
Whether its rambling is of your personal opinion, though the question was clearly answered not dodge nor avoided in any way.

If the U.S. simply desires to hold on to our region for the material reasons that it has and still continues to do well what reason should we as Louisianians are we getting out of it.

Just recently the state has been allowed miner opportunistic field to use the resources leading out of our state.

The U.S. takes but no where near gives back as much.

You may be right, though what did the Americans have to do for their Independence from the Crown, fight. Though this campaign has greatly pushed the message of a peaceful transfer, we will legally and legislatively fight until death.

- So, no this campaign is not Irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
The feds would let South Louisiana go just like the yanks let the Confederacy go in the 1860s.
The 1860's was the 1860's, currently it is the 21st century and times have greatly changed.

Secession of even the 20th was rightfully delivered so in the Eastern world as well as that of Europe.

Many of the comments on this forum have been that of disagreement for the fact that we push for secession, culture and self governance.

I personally would like to know when any of you who have commented have disagreed or have seen such things in the free world looked at as insane or irrelevant to and cause.

We, the CPB under the ORL campaign spite damnation to those of dictatorship and non-freedom, we understand that we will be second-guessed for many years to come though, which group hasn't in both success of their campaign or failure.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:11 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times
I've never read a more confusing babble in all of my life . The show is over , the joke quit being funny a long time ago . Go do something constructive with your life .

Old 05-12-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I've never read a more confusing babble in all of my life . The show is over , the joke quit being funny a long time ago . Go do something constructive with your life .
I'm sorry you feel that way about our efforts but this has never been a joke, we have never lead for that to be believed.

As written before, if you so much as disagree towards this campaign there plays no reason to continue to come back repeatedly, not only here but on our other feeds as well.

We desire no need to disrespect, yet continue to attract it.
I can't believe alot of it, though much of it is not coming from Louisianaians.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:04 PM

So you think that everybody who responds here is required to agree with this silly idea ? Reality check !
And from what I've seen , most all of us ARE from Louisiana . Well , except for Annie . He can't figure out where he's from . ( hey , it's a joke )

Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 PM

432 posts, read 1,085,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLwizyan View Post
I can't believe alot of it, though much of it is not coming from Louisianaians.
Seems that MOST of it is coming from Louisianians.

Look, the vast majority of us are very proud of our state. We know it has its issues, just as in any state, city, neighborhood, company, or family. But I also believe that the vast majority of us are proud Americans first.

That will not change.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
So you think that everybody who responds here is required to agree with this silly idea ? Reality check !
And from what I've seen , most all of us ARE from Louisiana . Well , except for Annie . He can't figure out where he's from . ( hey , it's a joke )
The LOC did not say that, She clearly stated that if you are going to disagree with our campaign theres no reason for you to come back and respond to every post in disagreement. If you do not like our ideas why continue to come back time after time.

As the poll shows only three City-Data members have been in agreement with this campaign only one of which actually played in dicussion. This is one of a few other sites that we have been so heavly disapprove and taunted on. Though 12 people polled in absolutle disagreement, only a small continuing group desires to come back repediatly, even after request to stop commenting if they disagreed so much as well as threats to reporting.

The LOC also typed in her comment that we know everyone will not upon first glance accept this campaign, which is rightfully logical though that does not mean we are in allowence to be drowned out by those who do not agree nor will we willingly grant such to continue.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:03 AM

Ly The rest arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLFT View Post
Seems that MOST of it is coming from Louisianians.

Look, the vast majority of us are very proud of our state. We know it has its issues, just as in any state, city, neighborhood, company, or family. But I also believe that the vast majority of us are proud Americans first.

That will not change.
What the LOC said was, I may say actually true.

Of those in the poll, that were in total disagreement with us, only 3 are from/ residents of South/ Midland Louisiana, "Our campaigning targeted districts" ( yourself, CookieSkoon and MetroBTR ). The rest are ( as indicated on their profiles ) are either past residents of New Orleans or non-residents all together. Not that they do not matter but in reality not even half are Louisianaians, disproving your claim.

Thats a ratio of 12 to 3, less than 25% of those who are in disagreement with us are actually residents or natives, though thats not counting past commenters who I would have to go back a check who did not poll, but clearly this shows suffice.

Though only one of the completly agreed in the poll can be ( by their profile information) noted as a Louisianaian.

We do not wish to break ties of American patriotism but the majority of us on the CPB are proud to be Louisianaians before American, its no different vis versa. The commenters here on City -Data have been harsh to this campaigns online advocates, hence the past decrease in usage of this forums traffic and an increase in our other feeds but we feel as though some presence here should continue.

My personal excerpt:

We of the CPB do not dream of a Cajun Creole paradise upon secession nor do we plan or better predict that thatis what will come but we do see forth in the future self-governence by our own people, freedom of our resource ( no overlining Federal retrictions ) and the contiuence of our culture under liberty. America is a great place for a certain form of people and history has shown that South Louisianaians are not those people, yes we prosper, greatly so, though unlike other minority ethnic groups there is no motherland to look back on, we have a state under another nation, one that wants us for our resources. Ever wonder why Europe is filled with such small nations, thoughs are varying cultures and languages, we are one of a kind in the U.S., if only we were on another continent.

I went on a bit, sorry about that, got a bit too personal, I might be repermened for this but I feel my feelings need to be heard more than this scripted tale I've been instructed to print.

Added: Of those 2 who polled that our campaigning was a bit much both of which are actually from Louisiana.

Last edited by ORLwizyan; 05-13-2012 at 04:24 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 07:33 AM

Is that what's important to you ? A few comments on an obscure internet forum ? If you REALLY are serious about this , and I highly doubt that you are , then do something !!!! Why haven't any of us seen or read anything about this anywhere else but here ? There's an old saying , %^#$ or get off the pot . You know what I mean ...

Old 05-13-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Is that what's important to you ? A few comments on an obscure internet forum ? If you REALLY are serious about this , and I highly doubt that you are , then do something !!!! Why haven't any of us seen or read anything about this anywhere else but here ? There's an old saying , %^#$ or get off the pot . You know what I mean ...
We need a basing before thats possible, and that was just one of my personal feelings on the topic.

For a campagin as large as we hope rather would need we would need at least a few thousand to just get the word out, currently we have just under 200 non-active members ( meaning they just agree but have yet to act themselves ) of those including myself only 10 of us work sparingly on our online feeds. The founders, just 6 people started this a few years ago. We are not wealthy or powerfully, but hard working civic members that feel similarly on Louisiana

We could go on and on about the facts about how we are small and just gaining force but simply said, time will show whether our efforts will process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana