U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,789 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to Lafayette next month for a new job, and I'm searching for a nice place to live. I would like a 1 or 2 bedroom in the $700-850 range. I have looked into Peppertree, Diamond Lakes and Ansley Walk. Has anyone stayed there before? If so, how would you rate your experience? It would be a plus if the community is diverse in terms of race.

Also, where are the best restaurants and bars in town? Is city a good place for young professionals? I've read so many mixed reviews of city, I'm not sure what to expect anymore.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 PM

2,057 posts, read 4,959,430 times
There are quite a lot of good apartments throughout the southside of the city. I havent experienced many of them, so I can't really describe any of them but there are a multitude of newer looking units to be found.

As for what you've heard, it might depend on when people visited Lafayette. Lafayette is very much on the rise. These are very exciting times for it. There is even a mixed use development being built right by downtown to allow people to live closer to it and experience a more inner city lifestyle.
Its a city with affordable high speed internet throughout, increasing high tech job sector, thriving industry, excellent foods of many ethnicities, and wonderful festivals. Lafayette is also working very hard to create new infrastructure in the city. Its got a very progressive mindset and I honestly think you might enjoy what it offers.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 PM

270 posts, read 544,999 times
How much for high speed internet? What do y'al pay for cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post

Its a city with affordable high speed internet throughout, increasing high tech job sector, thriving industry, excellent foods of many ethnicities, and wonderful festivals. Lafayette is also working very hard to create new infrastructure in the city. Its got a very progressive mindset and I honestly think you might enjoy what it offers.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:50 AM

2,057 posts, read 4,959,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat2011 View Post
How much for high speed internet? What do y'al pay for cable?
Well LUS actually charges about $55/month in my case and that gets me the 50 mbps speed, but I actually have speed tested up to 100 mbps regularly.
Its incredibly fast and reliable.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:15 PM

71 posts, read 99,745 times
Do not live in peppertree or diamond lakes...Definitely look on the South side off of Kaliste Saloom; Plantation, Plantation Crossing, Ansley Walk, and Audubon Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of: