U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 12:56 PM

3 posts, read 5,548 times

Advertisements

Moving to Monroe for my husbands job. I have always lived in Dallas or Houston. Monroe seems very different than what my family is used to. I have my kids enrolled at OCS. We have to decide where we are living today. Our choices are. Ashford Place Apartments in West Monroe, 505 Arlington in West Monroe ( I think this is the Highland area?) or 414 Douglas Monroe. Any advice on which one to choose? Ashford seems like my kids would enjoy the most, but I have heard a lot of bad reviews. Thanks.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-07-2012 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: spelling correction for OP
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 01:45 PM

270 posts, read 550,185 times
Did you try an apartment locator? You can use them for free as they make their money off of the apartment complex. It's definetely worth the time to make a phone call.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 PM

14 posts, read 66,710 times
Sorry to hear you're having to move here. We relocated for similar reasons and are hating life right now. We looked at Ashford Place in West Monroe and honestly, I wish we would have chosen that. The thing that held us back was the strong paper mill smell in W Monroe, but we're dealing with that where we're living now anyway. Another option you might want to look into is Pinnacle Apartments in North Monroe. It was also high up on our list. Only a disagreement over a pet deposit for my aquarium stopped us from moving there.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:56 AM

3 posts, read 5,548 times
Where did y'all end up choosing to live? Where did y'all move from? I looked at Pinacle back in march and forgot about them. I'm really leaning toward Ashfordplace, but my husband is really wanting the house on Douglas. The people that live there say its quit and safe, but what are they going to say? And the house is in the Sally Humble school(two streets over would be Lexington) and I worry if for some reason the private school didn't work out and they had to go to public. Hopefuly private school works out. Ugh looks like we are doing the house in north Monroe. My husband is not wanting to live in an apartment.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:26 PM

14 posts, read 66,710 times
Sent ya a PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>