Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahfromtheheart View Post
lol

I bet Louisiana is one of the least gay friendly states too! WTG!!

NOLA is proud to not be so pretentious. Darn them!
I see you're from N.O. That explains your comments .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,034,738 times
I wish people would move to places based upon opportunities, climate, culture... other things that actually matter. Instead we get folks who put comments like the ones I see on this thread that are based upon things that have little to no real effect on us or how we live our lives. I don't like the politics here but I get tired of people taking it so personally that things aren't the way they quite want them to be, or thinking this is such a great place based upon that alone. Just because California's leaders might go my way more than Louisiana's doesn't make me want to move there, there are plenty of other reasons for me to not like Cali which actually have real substance. And plenty of people in California don't agree with me on things, 37.7 million opinions are a lot to contend with.

Giving us "props" for our stance on gay marriage and being "pro life" (somehow the death penalty doesn't apply to the word 'life'?) to me is really stupid, with all due respect. You forget about the other 50% of us down here, votes don't necessarily reflect the true voice of the people. If everyone voted, things as we know them would change drastically. But that's a different matter.

If the OP were to ever come here, I hope that (s)he wouldn't speak in such a general, short-sighted manner as (s)he did here. A lot of people on "both sides of the aisle" don't wanna hear that. That's all, good night.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I see you're from N.O. That explains your comments .
I lived in Bossier 2 months ago. Lived there my whole life. Surprised yet? Thank God the south has New Orleans, where I can go to get away from the uptight bible belt atmosphere while still being able to see my sane family members who can't quite escape the clutches of boring.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I lived in Bossier 2 months ago. Lived there my whole life. Surprised yet? Thank God the south has New Orleans, where I can go to get away from the uptight bible belt atmosphere while still being able to see my sane family members who can't quite escape the clutches of boring.
You just continue to reinforce my point . And I don't care where you were raised , you assimilated quickly .

Old 12-01-2012, 09:08 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,523,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
You just continue to reinforce my point . And I don't care where you were raised , you assimilated quickly .
And what exactly is your point? That I act like I'm from NOLA? Oh OK. Works for me

Old 12-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
And what exactly is your point? That I act like I'm from NOLA?
You got it .

Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
I wish people would move to places based upon opportunities, climate, culture... other things that actually matter.
The values of any community do "actually matter". Of course there are other considerations, but many of us appreciate a community or culture that doesn't undermine our beliefs at every turn. Why is that a problem for you?

Quote:
Just because California's leaders might go my way more than Louisiana's doesn't make me want to move there, there are plenty of other reasons for me to not like Cali which actually have real substance. And plenty of people in California don't agree with me on things, 37.7 million opinions are a lot to contend with.
The politics of a state can make it literally uninhabitable for some people. In California, it can be hard just to find employment that doesn't compromise one's beliefs due to the hostility of the state. The ability to be employed and "just say no" to cooperating with objectionable practices is pretty important, don't you think?

Quote:
If the OP were to ever come here, I hope that (s)he wouldn't speak in such a general, short-sighted manner as (s)he did here. A lot of people on "both sides of the aisle" don't wanna hear that. That's all, good night.
Actually, I would much prefer to live in a place where these topics are settled in the right fashion and just don't need to be talked about. We can all forget about them and get on with life. Louisiana sounds like just such a place, at least outside of NOLA.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,340,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The values of any community do "actually matter". Of course there are other considerations, but many of us appreciate a community or culture that doesn't undermine our beliefs at every turn. Why is that a problem for you?

The politics of a state can make it literally uninhabitable for some people. In California, it can be hard just to find employment that doesn't compromise one's beliefs due to the hostility of the state. The ability to be employed and "just say no" to cooperating with objectionable practices is pretty important, don't you think?

Actually, I would much prefer to live in a place where these topics are settled in the right fashion and just don't need to be talked about. We can all forget about them and get on with life. Louisiana sounds like just such a place, at least outside of NOLA.
Oooo, you're going to fit in so well here! Check out Alexandria and points further north.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:19 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
Oooo, you're going to fit in so well here! Check out Alexandria and points further north.
The north doesn't interest me much. I'm looking at Acadiana.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The north doesn't interest me much. I'm looking at Acadiana.
Acadiana is more liberal, especially when it comes to alcohol. Still conservative about most other matters but they do drink it up there. Alcohol can be purchased 24x7 with no restrictions, there are no dry parishes (called counties elsewhere). Drink in dacquiri shops are common.

North Louisiana is ultra conservative but not as conservative about alcohol as other bible belt states.

Just thought you should know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana