Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,596,035 times

Advertisements

Louisiana is the most pro-life state in the union for two consecutive years. One of many reasons why this Californian has Louisiana on the radar for potential relocation.

"For the second time in three years, Louisiana tops the list, followed closely by Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, and Arkansas. Indiana was listed as the most improved state last year. mod cut

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-28-2012 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: snippet only
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 AM

376 posts, read 651,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Louisiana is the most pro-life state in the union for two consecutive years. One of many reasons why this Californian has Louisiana on the radar for potential relocation.

"For the second time in three years, Louisiana tops the list, followed closely by Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, and Arkansas. Indiana was listed as the most improved state last year.

mod cut
Congrats to my home state! Way to geaux.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 11-28-2012 at 05:02 AM..

Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 AM

974 posts, read 2,179,973 times
You may want to consider other metrics before doing that. Things like overall health issues, healthcare costs, state budget deficits, bad political climate, corruption, air & water quality, crime stats, education systems, overall economic considerations, neglected infrastructure, quality of life... etc. etc. etc.

Just sayin'.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,343,539 times
Maybe he has .

Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 PM

974 posts, read 2,179,973 times
Then he or she must be from Mississippi or the Jersey Shore-post Sandy.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,334,149 times
Quote:

"For the second time in three years, Louisiana tops the list, followed closely by Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Nebraska, and Arkansas. Indiana was listed as the most improved state last year. mod cut
It seems like an odd reason to choose to relocate to Louisiana. How would that affect you in any way? Besides, any other red state would be equally "Pro-Life".

You might want to visit here first and see if you like it.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
It seems like an odd reason to choose to relocate to Louisiana. How would that affect you in any way? Besides, any other red state would be equally "Pro-Life".

You might want to visit here first and see if you like it.
I did say in the OP that it's "one of many reasons". It's just a proxy for living among good people. I've been on a Louisiana kick for several weeks, inspired by the music and heritage of Acadiana. There's much to love about your state. I'm aware of the problems and read all the bad LA news daily. I wouldn't move anywhere without spending a lot of time there first.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,334,149 times
Quote:
I did say in the OP that it's "one of many reasons". It's just a proxy for living among good people. I've been on a Louisiana kick for several weeks, inspired by the music and heritage of Acadiana. There's much to love about your state. I'm aware of the problems and read all the bad LA news daily. I wouldn't move anywhere without spending a lot of time there first.
Well, you'll be right at home here. Social conservatism is rampant as long as you stay outside of the larger cities. I would avoid New Orleans, though. It's full of open minded heathens.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Well, you'll be right at home here. Social conservatism is rampant as long as you stay outside of the larger cities. I would avoid New Orleans, though. It's full of open minded heathens.
Thanks, I think I would feel right at home.

As for NOLA's degenerate godless heathen side, I'm well aware of it but also of many other sides of the city. All good things have a price. Hope to explore someday.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:04 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,518,167 times
Quote:
lol

I bet Louisiana is one of the least gay friendly states too! WTG!!

Quote:
As for NOLA's degenerate godless heathen side, I'm well aware of it but also of many other sides of the city. All good things have a price. Hope to explore someday.
NOLA is proud to not be so pretentious. Darn them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana