Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,940 times

Advertisements

I wanted to pass on about the drug sales all over the street corners of north Vacherie on hwy 18 ( river rd. ) near hwy 20 !!!
I've reported this several of times to the authorities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 PM

8 posts, read 64,803 times
Go ahead and add Paincourtville along hwy 1 and on hwy 308 to that list and everything generally along Hwy 1 from here in central 'business dring up' Labadieville aka LabadieHOOD... all the way up in patches to Donaldsonville. Its one long crack alley, mainly along these side street. Outsiders that want to tour Hwy 1 along the Bayou LaFourche, be careful NOT to turn down any of these side roads, CrimeHtr is right. Hopfully this new Governor of ours will clean this crack-trash up at our tax $$s expenses.

I tell you, certain parts of this state after living here for only 2 years looks like a 3rd world country.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:03 PM

80 posts, read 129,094 times
That's interesting, those places don't appear to be in that condition when I passed by them a couple of months ago. Donaldsonville looks a little rough around the edges, but Paincourtville and Labadieville appeared to be typical-looking small towns along the Hwy 1 corridor.

How you think the governor should go about cleaning up the "crack-trash up"? Just curious.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 PM

8 posts, read 64,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald120 View Post
That's interesting, those places don't appear to be in that condition when I passed by them a couple of months ago. Donaldsonville looks a little rough around the edges, but Paincourtville and Labadieville appeared to be typical-looking small towns along the Hwy 1 corridor.

How you think the governor should go about cleaning up the "crack-trash up"? Just curious.

Yea, you can simply drive down the MAIN street and see a sense of typical small town appearance, but just glance down the few side streets along Hwy 1 just SOUTH of Paincourtville, in Bertrandville, all the way down in and around Supreme which there is trash and homes decaying as you are on hwy 1 itself, (just north of Labadie) and where CrimeHtr is talking about, you see people standing around, drinking and possibly, YES dealing. Places I never hope to have my car stall out and be on foot. Looks like South Central L.A.

The gov. should just give these people a LIFE.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:59 PM

65 posts, read 381,245 times
When I was growing up we called it Front Vacherie (near the river) as opposed to Back Vacherie. I used to travel the river road between Vacherie and Luling a lot, and a lot has happened over the past 35 years. The area has generally decayed, many of the older homes torn down, many of the existing homes run down and decaying. There has been little economic development except for the typical plants or tourist attractions along the river. Many of the older people have died and few of the younger ones want to live there. With no opportunities or direction other things have taken a foothold. I think what we see are the symptoms of decay. It's not a pretty sight in any community and I only hope it turns around. It may take the individuals in the community to stand up and say we want a change for that to occur. I think the area has potential and I remember some awfully nice people there and good times on the levee.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:49 PM

80 posts, read 129,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anole View Post
When I was growing up we called it Front Vacherie (near the river) as opposed to Back Vacherie. I used to travel the river road between Vacherie and Luling a lot, and a lot has happened over the past 35 years. The area has generally decayed, many of the older homes torn down, many of the existing homes run down and decaying. There has been little economic development except for the typical plants or tourist attractions along the river. Many of the older people have died and few of the younger ones want to live there. With no opportunities or direction other things have taken a foothold. I think what we see are the symptoms of decay. It's not a pretty sight in any community and I only hope it turns around. It may take the individuals in the community to stand up and say we want a change for that to occur. I think the area has potential and I remember some awfully nice people there and good times on the levee.

Interesting observation. I did notice the decay when driving along Hwy. 18 one time.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:11 PM

3 posts, read 6,771 times
Also be wary in North vacherie about recent home burglaries. I know of a few people he has hit already. We all know who he is but they have no evidence on him. This guy has been in and out of jail his entire life and his girlfriend helps him out. He was recently arrested on drug charges but posted bond. Please be safe out there. It may be a small town, but crime happens everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana