Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:23 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,301,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillWilliam View Post
Alexandria/pineville area sure is a lot nicer to be in then most of the below I-10 region of the state IMO. Most of the people on here that bash the northern part of the state are racist intolerant liberal city dwellers. They think they are superior to the country folk and they enjoy hearin cop sirens and gunshots all the time. They rave how nice the cesspool like cities are below I-10. We lucked out when we bought our place here in S La in that its extremely secluded and rural (it's also for sale now), but had I seen the northern part of the state and not found the place we live now, would have gone up there in a heartbeat over anywhere below I-10. It is a true Southern culture compared to what we have down here below I-10 which is definitely not (at least not in modern times ). Good luck and I think you will enjoy livin there
You have no idea.

Alexandria is a pit compared to the I-10 corridor. Shows you also know very little about the area if you think everyone is a "liberal city dweller."

I'm confused how Houma lifestyle isn't southern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 06:42 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,325,322 times
Lafayette is the complete opposite of a cesspit. Its one of very few cities in the whole us offering gigabit internet service for example. The surrounding towns are nice places to live too. Its becoming a faster paced region for sure, but the amount of amenities and things to do have never been better.
similar improvements are happening all along the corridor.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:47 PM

Furthermore Southern Louisiana is NOT liberal.
Its open minded due to an influx of visitors and cultural attitudes but it remains staunchly conservative. Louisiana is one of the least likely places youll find those "liberal city dwellers"

Old 07-07-2014, 10:28 PM

65 posts, read 112,177 times
The OP asked about the Alexandria area, not Lafayette. You sound like a realtor the way you try to trump up the Lafayette area in so many posts. Its basically nice as far as cities go but has plenty of crime like most cities do. Its far from perfect and S La is probably one of the most liberal areas of the Southern USA except for Fl and thats pretty much the northeast-midwest with palm trees anymore. I still stand by my opinion of the Alexandria area and N La in general bein much cleaner, family oriented and what I wish S La would become.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
The OP asked about the Alexandria area, not Lafayette. You sound like a realtor the way you try to trump up the Lafayette area in so many posts. Its basically nice as far as cities go but has plenty of crime like most cities do. Its far from perfect and S La is probably one of the most liberal areas of the Southern USA except for Fl and thats pretty much the northeast-midwest with palm trees anymore. I still stand by my opinion of the Alexandria area and N La in general bein much cleaner, family oriented and what I wish S La would become.
I didnt bring up Lafayette in this thread until you basically attacked it for no reason. Im not even sure why you did. I certainly havent attacked alexandria.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
You literally have no idea. Not sure what's bad about liberal policies in the frst place. It's not like conservatism has done anything positive for Louisiana except keep us poor and less educated.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:54 AM

65 posts, read 112,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
I didnt bring up Lafayette in this thread until you basically attacked it for no reason. Im not even sure why you did. I certainly havent attacked alexandria.
I didn't even single out Lafayette at all, just said S La/below I-10 in general. You're the one who brought Lafayette into it. I simply said Alexandria is much nicer then ANY city in La below I-10 and thats my opinion. Its cleaner, don't see as many crime ridden areas and has a better cultural feel to me personally. La is like Fl in that you have to go North in the state to get into the South

Old 07-08-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I didn't even single out Lafayette at all, just said S La/below I-10 in general. You're the one who brought Lafayette into it. I simply said Alexandria is much nicer then ANY city in La below I-10 and thats my opinion. Its cleaner, don't see as many crime ridden areas and has a better cultural feel to me personally. La is like Fl in that you have to go North in the state to get into the South
Alexandria is nicer? wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana