Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 02:16 PM

10 posts, read 13,030 times

Advertisements

Im a single mom wanting to move south need a warmer winter cant do cold anymore. We love outdoors and country small towns. Any info would b appreciate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
How small? How old are your children? Profession? Etc...

Old 06-23-2014, 02:26 PM

Im a single mother of a 9 yr old wanting to relocate to a southern state . I was thinking alabama louisiana mississppi. Some were that warm or at least warmer in winter. We are country all the way we need a small town as to that all we lived in and prefer or in the country. We love fishing hunting frog gigging camping anything outdoors. Any info , opinions would b appreciated

Old 06-23-2014, 02:28 PM

Iv been working in a warehouse. Just no big cities I have live in towns as small as 100 to 2000

Old 06-23-2014, 04:15 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
There are plenty of small towns on the outlying areas of our small cities.

I would look around the Ruston (21k) and Natchitoches (18k) areas. They are small cities with enough amenities without the big city. Louisiana is the game state for a reason, near Natchitoches there are Sibley Lake, Black Lake, Saline Lake, the Red River, and Kisatchie National Forest (our only Nat'l forest). Also Toledo Bend is a big recreation destination, the largest reservoir in the south. Also I would look into the Houma (33k) and Thibodaux (14k) areas. They are in the hear of Cajun country, great food, great people, and great fishing.

My dad has a hunting camp just outside of St. Francisville, that is a very pretty small town (1700 pop) that lies a good bit north of Baton Rouge, far enough to not feel any impact from a larger city but close enough if you ever need to use the airport, shopping, etc. It's nearby beautiful Tunica Hills waterfalls and New Roads, Louisiana, which sits on False River (an oxbow lake popular for boating). Just north of this area is Natchez, Mississippi. It's also a very pretty town that sits on the Mississippi River across from Louisiana.

These towns are slightly larger than 2000 people, but there are areas with the population that you desire nearby. Now, if you want complete isolation, from even towns this size, I'm not sure which areas would be best.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 AM

Ok thank you I will check those places out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana