Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 10:44 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
There is also nothing I can say to change yours.
I stated facts. Marriage was based on survival, having kids who could mend the farm and take car of the parents.
Prostitution brings crime to neighborhoods where it's located, so it does have an effect on your life. Selling children means they are kidnapped, therefore your children could be kidnapped. Terrible analogy (you relate gays to prostitution and selling kids?!). Gay couples simply want the advantages others have. There is nothing they do which negatively impacts your life.

Universally? Umm think again, 33 states allow same sex marriage. 33 States with Legal Gay Marriage and 17 States with Same-Sex Marriage Bans - Gay Marriage - ProCon.org
And the regressive states are soon to follow the path into 2006, I mean 2010.
As we as humans learn and grow, we progress and this is a part of it. Catching on?
Most Americans think your insane, but ignorance is bliss.

Most of the 1st world, westernized countries have same sex civil unions. Where Is Gay Marriage Legal? Marriage Equality Laws Become Norm In US, But Some Western Countries Still More Progressive
And out of the thirty three states that recognize same sex marriages how many did so because voters actually voted on it and passed it? Usually it is some Liberal Judge or Court that has made it legal.

Gunluvver2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 01:24 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,525 times
Just legalize it and be done with it.
lgbt community deserves these rights same as anyone. This is 2014.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:31 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
Im cool with gay marriage as long as the church does not have to perform it. If a church performs a gay wedding, it should be their own choice.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:45 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Im cool with gay marriage as long as the church does not have to perform it. If a church performs a gay wedding, it should be their own choice.
While we're at it, they should be taxed accordingly. They are just a business.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 AM

Taxed for being a non profit business or taxed strictly for not doing a ceremony?

Old 12-05-2014, 06:04 AM

Non-profit? The Bentley's and helicopters would beg to differ.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:48 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
And no church has ever, nor will ever, be required to bless a wedding that their own doctrine doesn't support. The same-sex marriage issue is a matter of CIVIL, legal marriages, not religious ones.

Note how even before now, Catholic Churches can require people who are divorced to get the first marriage "annulled" (even if it lasted many years and there were children) before marrying them legally. That certainly has no legal weight, but the church is free to make whatever rules it wants to give a church-sanctioned marriage. The same will be true with same-sex marriages (who would want to get same-sex-married in a church that doesn't want to perform it, anyway??)

Old 12-05-2014, 08:50 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
And out of the thirty three states that recognize same sex marriages how many did so because voters actually voted on it and passed it? Usually it is some Liberal Judge or Court that has made it legal.
Most Civil Rights strides have been passed by judges or Executive Orders, not popular vote; that's why we have THREE branches of government.

Women would never have gained the right to vote if it had been put to a popular vote (of an all-male voting population). Black people would not have achieved Civil Rights if it had been put to an (all-white) vote. The whole premise of the US Government structure is to protect minorities from "tyranny of the majority".

Old 12-05-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Non-profit? The Bentley's and helicopters would beg to differ.
I see your point, though the pastor of the church that I attend does not have a private jet (at least not that I know of ) Then again, I don't go to a mega church.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I see your point, though the pastor of the church that I attend does not have a private jet (at least not that I know of ) Then again, I don't go to a mega church.
Are you familiar with the large church in Darrow? The name of the pastor escapes me but this man has 2 Bentley's (one gifted by his lawyer), a jet, and a mansion. People still give this man money in church, it sickens me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana