U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,261 posts, read 20,671,527 times
Reputation: 9097

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathrights View Post
Ah here we go again talking politics in a forum titled "Louisiana".

No wonder this forum is inactive, no meaningful discussion about enjoying Louisiana.

If I wanted to see people arguing then I will watch the professionals on MSNBC and Fox News!
Do you not consider the political climate of an area when you move? Are people supposed to ignore the state of Louisiana when learning about the area?

We are having an argument in the Louisiana forum, inside of a political thread.

Fox news is entertainment, they said it themselves and lie over 80% of the time. MSNBC is bias too, but nowhere near as bad.

I assume my comments make you uncomfortable since you quoted me, don't worry, this state will fit you perfect. No Medicaid expansion, ER's shutting down, no equality, budget cuts to keep voters dumb, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2015, 11:22 AM
 
974 posts, read 1,894,283 times
Reputation: 781
I'm guessing that many folks here in La. suffer from the "FDH Syndrome*" , opting more for lifestyle-bias reinforcement instead of developing a better cognitive awareness of how politics and power influence the overall quality of life. In short: critical thinking isn't a strong suit in our state when it comes to politics and their residual effect. Voting is more often done with an emotional response than a cerebral one. That's why we keep electing the type politician like Jindal.

(*Fat Dumb and Happy Syndrome -- 5 happiest cities in U.S. all in 1 state)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2015, 02:02 PM
 
350 posts, read 291,003 times
Reputation: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
...

I assume my comments make you uncomfortable since you quoted me, don't worry, this state will fit you perfect. No Medicaid expansion, ER's shutting down, no equality, budget cuts to keep voters dumb, etc...
You state Louisiana ER's are shutting down while implying it was the result of our Republican governor.

So, Jerry Brown is having the same problem in California. Your argument is flawed.

Small California Hospitals Closing; Trend Likely To Continue - California Healthline

Last edited by rgathrights; 03-17-2015 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2015, 11:29 AM
 
Location: New Orleans
2,311 posts, read 4,372,062 times
Reputation: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathrights View Post
You state Louisiana ER's are shutting down while implying it was the result of our Republican governor.

So, Jerry Brown is having the same problem in California. Your argument is flawed.

Small California Hospitals Closing; Trend Likely To Continue - California Healthline
That doesn't really prove your point. I'm assuming Annie is referring to the two ERs in Baton Rouge that have closed recently. That's directly as a result of Jindal's healthcare policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2015, 06:16 PM
 
Location: City of Central
1,845 posts, read 3,812,062 times
Reputation: 949
How so ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2015, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,261 posts, read 20,671,527 times
Reputation: 9097
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathrights View Post
You state Louisiana ER's are shutting down while implying it was the result of our Republican governor.

So, Jerry Brown is having the same problem in California. Your argument is flawed.

Small California Hospitals Closing; Trend Likely To Continue - California Healthline
Your argment is flawed, California is in a whole different position than Louisiana. The entire state knows (except those with blinders on-ahem) that it's directly due to Jindal's refusal to accept expansion and other policies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
How so ?
You have GOT to be kidding me!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top