U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 04:04 PM

2,247 posts, read 488,949 times

Advertisements

Worse than California? Get outta here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 01:22 AM

8,533 posts, read 12,950,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
After driving through Louisiana from Florida, Louisiana drivers on I-10 are consistently the worst speed-demon tailgate drivers. Texas is next. Hey, what can I say, I am from California where they leave a car and a half distance in front and stop for rain sprinkles.
I do think that a lot of drivers here in Baton Rouge are very aggressive. If you ask long time natives, though, all that aggressive driving and crime is completely due to New Orleans people who moved this way after Katrina. I don't think this is 100% the case though there is probably some truth in that. People in Ponchatoula also blame a lot of their crime problems and traffic on New Orleans transplants. Yes New Orleans has a reputation as a friendly city if you're a tourist or travel writer from New York, Los Angeles or Chicago but its quite aggressive and fast paced compared to the rest of Louisiana.

In rural Livingston Parish people tend to drive very slow, often below the speed limit, kind of like West Virginia.

But having traveled the country, I found the most aggressive driving places to be New York, New Jersey, the DC area, Miami, and L.A. Dallas was pretty bad too.

Old 10-17-2019, 05:53 PM

2,823 posts, read 985,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookintomove15 View Post
So, here we have this s*!thole of a state. Who in the hell would want to live in this dump of Louisiana??

It has the nation's highest murder rate -

Why Is The Murder Rate High In Louisiana - Business Insider

It has the nation's and the WORLD'S highest incarceration rate -

Louisiana is the world's prison capital | NOLA.com

It's among the worst of all states in it's mortality rate -

12 Deadliest States With The Highest Mortality Rates - Insider Monkey

And it's poverty rate is off the charts -

Poverty rate stuck at record 46.5 million; Louisiana has 2nd highest rate

I think a better state to live in instead of Louisiana would be like Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine!!
You mean this rating is accurate?
Attached Thumbnails
Louisiana is the WORST STATE in the U.S. ever!!!!!-178515d7-078b-4ac4-a4e6-33f9737dcc8c.jpeg  

Old 10-17-2019, 10:26 PM

8,533 posts, read 12,950,521 times
New Jersey is the worst state in America, followed by New York and California. Michigan is also a miserable state as well.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:30 AM

1,047 posts, read 364,663 times
I'd say all Southern states are miserable, followed by the Northeast & most of the Midwest. The only states I am considering living in are western: Nevada, California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and maybe New Mexico. If it weren't for religion, I would add Utah to the list. For now, it's the CA desert followed by Nye county.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:31 AM

1,047 posts, read 364,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Worse than California? Get outta here.
Heck yeah, it is.

Old 10-18-2019, 10:03 AM

2,823 posts, read 985,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
New Jersey is the worst state in America, followed by New York and California. Michigan is also a miserable state as well.
They are all right up there, like a tie for worst place❗️

Old 10-18-2019, 06:47 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,693,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
I'd say all Southern states are miserable, followed by the Northeast & most of the Midwest. The only states I am considering living in are western: Nevada, California, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, and maybe New Mexico. If it weren't for religion, I would add Utah to the list. For now, it's the CA desert followed by Nye county.
its really not miserable at all unless you dont like heat.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:05 AM

2,122 posts, read 837,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Yep. Those states are horrible. That is precisely why so many people choose to live in them and why they are the centers of so much of our nation's economic output, innovation and creativity, etc.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,296,966 times
It's beyond scandalous, how Louisiana for 80 years has given up billions in possible corporate tax revenues, by permanently exempting some of the nation's largest Oil and natural gas extraction facilities, often secretly without public input. These revenues could be used to improve the lives of citizens in so many ways. This is completely opposite of the policy of Texas and other Oil-producing states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JzxSTiMvgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZl2N7YlgNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEhSUp7h9kk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana