Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:44 PM

974 posts, read 2,185,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGarrison View Post
If you want to leave then go. Jindal has failed with respect to education, but he pails in comparison to the evil ways of Barack Hussein Obama. And besides, Jindal will be gone soon and that will hopefully change the budget to a more favorable position.
Yeah I guess you must be right considering that:

Stock Market is breaking records, unemployment is down under 6% nationwide, federal deficit is actually getting a little lower thanks to better economy AND fewer Americans are overseas getting shot at and/or killed... Barack Obama must be Satan!!

As for the Louisiana budget... look and listen: Jindal took a state with a 1 Billion Surplus and in two terms created a 1.6 Billion DEFICIT It's not just Education..... that's going to take two solid terms of progressive co-operative legislation to improve on that with emphasis on co-operative.

BTW...Obama "The Terrible" wanted to improve healthcare in Louisiana with medicare expansion....even some Republican Governors who at first were opposed to it, turned a new leaf and accepted it as they realized this would help their people....but Jindal? No-way... he turned it down and it's hurting his own people in our state.. He's screwed up education and healthcare and the budget. He's traded Louisiana's future for his own. Folks who keep on listening to Fox need to take a break and start paying attention to what's happening in their own backyard.

"Beware of the power of dumb people in large groups."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 09:08 PM

443 posts, read 1,566,769 times
Is this a real question? Seriously....Hot Springs or Monroe????? There's no comparison, people don't move to Monroe just because they want to...at least I don't know any. Maybe for a job transfer(doubtful), family in the area, or they already live there...can't think of another reason unless you want to be an underpaid professor at ULM. Have you ever been to Hot Springs? Sure it's not the cleanest city ever downtown(still cleaner than downtown Monroe), but for the most part it's a nice, beautiful city. Monroe doesn't fit into that category. Not much going for it unless you're really a fan of rich redneck tv, and that doesn't do much for the ordinary citizen in Monroe. Other than West Monroe schools, I'd say the schools in Hot Springs are better as well, especially in Lake Hamilton's district.

Lots of things for the kiddos to do in Hot Springs as well, and you can drive 45 minutes to get to the zoo in Little Rock. Just a much nicer area in my opinion, jobs availability is not great in either place but Hot Springs unemployment rate is better. Why not call it a bit of a draw and move to Benton, or something a bit closer to Little Rock, much better schools and job possibilities there without being in the middle of the city.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:19 AM

144 posts, read 205,137 times
Monroe is about a billion times better than DFW chief. Frankly, I would be embarrassed to have a screen name with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWMike View Post
Is this a real question? Seriously....Hot Springs or Monroe????? There's no comparison, people don't move to Monroe just because they want to...at least I don't know any. Maybe for a job transfer(doubtful), family in the area, or they already live there...can't think of another reason unless you want to be an underpaid professor at ULM. Have you ever been to Hot Springs? Sure it's not the cleanest city ever downtown(still cleaner than downtown Monroe), but for the most part it's a nice, beautiful city. Monroe doesn't fit into that category. Not much going for it unless you're really a fan of rich redneck tv, and that doesn't do much for the ordinary citizen in Monroe. Other than West Monroe schools, I'd say the schools in Hot Springs are better as well, especially in Lake Hamilton's district.

Lots of things for the kiddos to do in Hot Springs as well, and you can drive 45 minutes to get to the zoo in Little Rock. Just a much nicer area in my opinion, jobs availability is not great in either place but Hot Springs unemployment rate is better. Why not call it a bit of a draw and move to Benton, or something a bit closer to Little Rock, much better schools and job possibilities there without being in the middle of the city.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:19 AM

974 posts, read 2,185,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGarrison View Post
Monroe is about a billion times better than DFW chief. Frankly, I would be embarrassed to have a screen name with that.
This comment is so funny considering the apples to kumquat comparison; that and criticizing names / handles.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:25 PM

144 posts, read 205,137 times
Ah thank you sir. God bless you and our good buddy Kumquat. Who's up for some crawfish??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThereDunThat View Post
This comment is so funny considering the apples to kumquat comparison; that and criticizing names / handles.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:45 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,085,425 times
Hey remember when JimGarrison was TommyTucker back in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTucker View Post
I would consider relocating to West Monroe but from what I've seen there are no subdivisons (yep, I'm one of them )...

I love the Christian faith that Duck Dynasty has and that is a common trait in North Louisiana. What I cannot stand about South Louisiana is how drunkenness is cool in some circles. And don't even get me started about the pervertedness of New Orleans.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,905 times
Monroe has more opportunities for outdoor sports, fishing lakes, etc. Has MLU University, also about 30 min, or less to La. Tech. a well known University with excellent rep. Monroe , also better job opportunities. Good private schools. Be careful choosing a public school.As in all cities, including Hot Springs, there are undesirable areas. Beautiful scenery in Hot Springs. I love to go there for a few days, but glad to get back to Monroe. West Monroe is much better for housing and community. Sterlington, north edge of Monroe, is more upscale. There are two large hospitals available and numerous walk in clinics. Drew is a few miles out with better school . Very nice place to live outside town.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,870 times
Lived monroe 45 years and I want out! It's worse than it's ever been.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:38 PM

8 posts, read 12,849 times
Maybe so but Monroe isn't one of them.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:28 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,886,180 times
Hot Springs for sure. Very nice there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana