Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 AM

92 posts, read 466,904 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me how hard it is to homeschool in LA.? What do I have to do to satisfy the state or county? What are my requirements? My daughter is enrolled in a school in PA. and I homeschool her with her books at home. We are moving to Alexandria. Does anyone know of H.S groups in the area? Is there a P.E. or some outlet for Homeschoolers there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 PM

92 posts, read 582,763 times
Smile May I suggest this link

if your interested in finding out about Homeschooling in Louisiana.. as I had thought about it last year but since then we have moved from one parish to another and the school my son goes to now is much much better and he is much happier.

Homeschooling in Louisiana click on Louisiana Resources on How to Legally Homeschool in Louisiana.. also if you do a search at yahoogroups there are groups for parents in LA that offer assistance as well as support.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 PM

5 posts, read 19,057 times
Default Homeschooling

A new all inclusive homeschooling group is forming in this area. MODERATOR: Please do not put your email address on an open forum - please use the direct message function, or email through this board if enabled.

Last edited by Sam I Am; 01-26-2008 at 04:48 AM..

Old 02-04-2008, 02:45 PM

36 posts, read 239,327 times
It is very easy to get set up to homeschool here. Simply contact the School Board Office in the parish you will reside. They will set you up with the paperwork. Mail the paperwork in and you should get the approval within a month. I have never heard of anybody being denied the option to homeschool.

We have homeschooled for years as the schools in the parish I live in are a joke. We use a disc set thru "Switched On Schoolhouse" which you can find used ones on Ebay at a reasonable price and they keep their resale value.

At the end of the year, take your child to the school board office and they will take a test. It is good to run copies off of some of their work if you are using a computer course for homeschooling, just incase they ask to see some of the work.

Good luck.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:05 AM

5 posts, read 19,057 times
Default Homeschool Group

To add to my previous post, for more information on the homeschooling group please send me a private message. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana