Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2015, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 1,742 times

Advertisements

**Sorry guys, I meant to post this under Baton Rouge not the general Louisiana forum. Not sure how to move it.**

Hi,

I'm currently searching for my first apartment (I stayed with my parents throughout college and have been renting a room from my sisters hours since graduation). The maximum I want to spend on rent per month would be around $750-850 rent for a place that has a lot of amenities (pool, tennis court, gym) or $700-$800 for something simpler. I'm considering $125 for utilities (just internet and electricity - the apartments I've looked at so far take care of everything else).

My work is near coursey and airline and my family is in sherwood so I would like to stay close to this area. I'm considering anything in sherwood/coursey, jefferson, or maybe even capital heights.

My main concern is safety. I checked out a place because it had great online reviews and loved it during the tour. Then I decided to swing by at night to see what it was like and there were a lot of people just hanging around outside and I got a completely different vibe from it. So I'm hoping this forum will be more reliable.

I want to be somewhere that is quiet. I have a big certification exam coming up and will be studying in the next coming months.

Good management/maintenance is also important. I'm a little bit scared from stories I've read online about things not getting fixed or management screwing people over..

I also don't think I would be happy in a big apartment complex, I would prefer a little bit more of a homey feeling in a smaller place.

And if my 2 boxer dogs that stay at my parents house are allowed to visit me that would be excellent, but it's not necessary. I know that's kind of pushing it...

Any help/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by fic2015; 08-15-2015 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 03:17 AM

240 posts, read 344,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fic2015 View Post
**Sorry guys, I meant to post this under Baton Rouge not the general Louisiana forum. Not sure how to move it.**

Hi,

I'm currently searching for my first apartment (I stayed with my parents throughout college and have been renting a room from my sisters hours since graduation). The maximum I want to spend on rent per month would be around $750-850 rent for a place that has a lot of amenities (pool, tennis court, gym) or $700-$800 for something simpler. I'm considering $125 for utilities (just internet and electricity - the apartments I've looked at so far take care of everything else).

My work is near coursey and airline and my family is in sherwood so I would like to stay close to this area. I'm considering anything in sherwood/coursey, jefferson, or maybe even capital heights.

My main concern is safety. I checked out a place because it had great online reviews and loved it during the tour. Then I decided to swing by at night to see what it was like and there were a lot of people just hanging around outside and I got a completely different vibe from it. So I'm hoping this forum will be more reliable.

I want to be somewhere that is quiet. I have a big certification exam coming up and will be studying in the next coming months.

Good management/maintenance is also important. I'm a little bit scared from stories I've read online about things not getting fixed or management screwing people over..

I also don't think I would be happy in a big apartment complex, I would prefer a little bit more of a homey feeling in a smaller place.

And if my 2 boxer dogs that stay at my parents house are allowed to visit me that would be excellent, but it's not necessary. I know that's kind of pushing it...

Any help/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Why not live with your family (I believe your parents) if you are single right now?

You can save bucks

Old 08-16-2015, 07:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,742 times
I stayed at my parents as long as I could. There are many reasons I would love to move back (save money / delicious food / my mom spoils me), but I do have my personal reasons why not to.

I plan to rent on my own only for a year before buying a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of: