U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 03:57 PM

686 posts, read 3,622,547 times

Advertisements

Thanks SBC. Appreciate your answer. I want to go into the broadcasting field. I will definitely make more money in Shreveport than in Monroe, but I don't know anything about either place.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 PM

5 posts, read 24,013 times
nice little town. If you are in to mountain biking there is a really great trail there at Lincoln parish park.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:28 PM

772 posts, read 4,259,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojoe View Post
nice little town. If you are in to mountain biking there is a really great trail there at Lincoln parish park.
Hmmm I didn't know this. Maybe time to pull my trusty mountain bike out of storage and start riding on the weekends again.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:29 PM

anyone know anything about UL monroe?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:06 PM

283 posts, read 1,238,453 times
Not sure if this will do you any good but El Dorado, Ark has a few TV stations and is actually closer to Ruston than Shreveport. You might need this for a backup (just in case). Monroe - El Dorado Television Stations - Station Index

As for Shreveport being dangerous, forget that talk and just use common sense. Those "Most Dangerous" rankings change from source-to-source and from year-to-year and Shreveport is on and off just like most other cities. Some people might have you believe that there'll be snipers waiting to pick you off and rob you at the city limits. In my all my years ( a BUNCH) I've never had a problem in Shreveport.
Now, if you venture into the wrong parts of town, you might be harmed just as in the bad parts of Boston or Charleston or Lubbock or Yuma or wherever.
Good Luck on your future. 2 brothers, a sister and a few other members (in-laws) of my family graduated at Tech. They all did just fine with the education they received there.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 PM

Wonderful. thanks much for the info Eastender67

Old 06-14-2008, 07:54 PM

4 posts, read 31,450 times
My family and I recently moved to Simsboro. From where we were living in MS, this is kinda like the show "Green Acres." Knowing no one here, with the exception of my mother and grandmother, I'm wondering if there are any local forums, etc. Where does someone that is 33 go to meet people in this area, Ruston...

Old 06-15-2008, 10:40 AM

772 posts, read 4,259,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobeans1120 View Post
My family and I recently moved to Simsboro. From where we were living in MS, this is kinda like the show "Green Acres." Knowing no one here, with the exception of my mother and grandmother, I'm wondering if there are any local forums, etc. Where does someone that is 33 go to meet people in this area, Ruston...
Rabb's. Or Shreveport, or Monroe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana