Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 PM

474 posts, read 1,416,841 times

Advertisements

I participate in three separate forums - North Carolina, Maine, and Louisiana. Unfortunately, the people on the Louisiana forum contribute much less than the other two forums. What's the reason? Could it be the population? I don't think so - there are more people in the Shreveport Metro area THAN in almost the entire state of Maine! Could it be that the general populous in Louisiana just are not computer savvy? Just curious? Any opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 AM

794 posts, read 3,356,543 times
Who cares. I think the forum serves its purpose. Be grateful to get any information that you can get, if you get it. I for one have times where I just choose not to even bother with online forums including this one (or I may just not have the time, or make the time). And even if I get on to check, I typically don't reply to posts that I have nothing meaningful to contribute with or a post that I think is totally worthless to be on here to begin with. So here I am; I decided to give my two bits. Hope it was meaningful.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:19 AM

283 posts, read 1,281,544 times
The people in Louisiana have a life.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:18 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Yeah I've noticed that as well. I guess people are really busy this time of year with outdoor activities.

I talk to people all the time about city-data.com and many don't even want to get on the internet for any reason. It has become a part of my life and I enjoy it. Can't say what motivates or doesn't motivate others. I like new things and new challenges but to each his own. I no longer have any close family other than my wife and daughter so I kind of enjoy the people on the net even if i don't agree with everything they say. One can get a new perspective on many issues by reading. Yes I have friends but we aren't together all the time. So yes I do enjoy it.

The other day you ask a question about a certain apartment complex in Shreveport. Frankly I never heard of it so I couldn't offer you an answer on it. Maybe as time goes on, more readers will respond.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Yeah I've noticed that as well. I guess people are really busy this time of year with outdoor activities.

I talk to people all the time about city-data.com and many don't even want to get on the internet for any reason. It has become a part of my life and I enjoy it. Can't say what motivates or doesn't motivate others. I like new things and new challenges but to each his own. I no longer have any close family other than my wife and daughter so I kind of enjoy the people on the net even if i don't agree with everything they say. One can get a new perspective on many issues by reading. Yes I have friends but we aren't together all the time. So yes I do enjoy it.

The other day you ask a question about a certain apartment complex in Shreveport. Frankly I never heard of it so I couldn't offer you an answer on it. Maybe as time goes on, more readers will respond.
Thank you for your honest opinion. I suppose I am spoiled by the forums that provide information, when someone just asks. But, your insight certainly put a different perspective on it. Thank you and take care.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
The people in Louisiana have a life.
Well, Eastender, I see you live in Texas! Hmmm? Glad to hear you are such an expert on the Louisiana population. I am certain that people in all states have "a life", but then why are SO many threads on the Louisiana read and not responded? If by having a life - you mean - they don't spend time reading threads on the forum - then that is a fallacy. Just take this particular thread for an example - only "3" people have responded, however, over 60 individuals have read it! Perhaps your interpretation of a "life", could be sitting around and reading threads AND not contributing to the forum?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:48 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Lol!:d

Old 06-12-2008, 05:32 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
I actually think the LA forum is pretty active - it may appear less so now that it is split into a main forum and two subforums. Apparently there is enough activity here for the Administrator to feel it warranted its own subforums, which is more than several of the southern states have.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:16 AM

794 posts, read 3,356,543 times
Default What's the problem?

I take my post back. I have a life.
I'm sure of it now; some people just love to listen to themselves talk. When will you people learn to stop whining. Good luck getting the responses you're looking for.

Last edited by darylwi; 06-12-2008 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: because some people are inheritantly stupid. They don't deserve my time.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:30 AM

144 posts, read 744,110 times
I agree and am puzzled - I am on AK and IL, then Houston and the New Orleans portion of this one. I don't get it! People on the others go on and on and are very helpful, but not so much here.

Well darnit I am pledging myself to be helpful whenever I can! Forget all those with bad attitudes! It takes just a few minutes to respond to someone's question! I have relocated so much and this forum has been a real asset in the past.

Last edited by Out of Alaska; 06-12-2008 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana