U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 06:56 PM

14,221 posts, read 20,615,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
None of those people told you it was against the law to carry chambered. The law in Louisiana is very straight forward on open carry. Our law enforcement and CCP instructors know the law well. There are other states that do have that law but never in Louisiana.
Umm for what reason would I lie?

I'm not talking about open carry. I'm actually referring to having it in your car. My cousin was pulled over by BRPD and told the officer he had his pistol. He retrieved it and the officer told him that is shouldn't be chamber while in the vehicle.

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I was just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 07:16 PM

810 posts, read 661,636 times
Sadly , many Police Officers do not understand the very laws they are charged with enforcing . Firearms regulations are a common area where they just don't get it right sometimes . So many myths and misconceptions . That whole " extension of your home " thing is one of the most repeated and blatantly false statements out there . Anyway , I don't think you are lying , you just got bad info .

Old 12-20-2015, 07:17 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,514,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Umm for what reason would I lie?

I'm not talking about open carry. I'm actually referring to having it in your car. My cousin was pulled over by BRPD and told the officer he had his pistol. He retrieved it and the officer told him that is shouldn't be chamber while in the vehicle.

Doesn't matter to me anyway, I was just saying.
Having it in your car is a form of open carry.

The officer may have been offering a suggestion, but it's in no way shape or form the law.

You said CCP instructors and law enforcement told you that it was law that you can't have it chambered in your car. I don't believe you because they are highly trained on gun laws and know better. You should do better in educating yourself on the gun laws in your state especially before you go telling others what the laws are.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Sadly , many Police Officers do not understand the very laws they are charged with enforcing . Firearms regulations are a common area where they just don't get it right sometimes . So many myths and misconceptions . That whole " extension of your home " thing is one of the most repeated and blatantly false statements out there . Anyway , I don't think you are lying , you just got bad info .
Exactly. Everyone get's a certain thing wrong sometimes, seeing as laws can vary by state and local laws.

Quote:
Having it in your car is a form of open carry.

The officer may have been offering a suggestion, but it's in no way shape or form the law.

You said CCP instructors and law enforcement told you that it was law that you can't have it chambered in your car. I don't believe you because they are highly trained on gun laws and know better. You should do better in educating yourself on the gun laws in your state especially before you go telling others what the laws are.
That is not a form of open carry at all.

Cops don't know half the laws they enforce, just because your buddy is a gun nut and a deputy doesn't mean they all know the laws correctly.

You should get your head out of your ass.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Exactly. Everyone get's a certain thing wrong sometimes, seeing as laws can vary by state and local laws.

That is not a form of open carry at all.

Cops don't know half the laws they enforce, just because your buddy is a gun nut and a deputy doesn't mean they all know the laws correctly.

You should get your head out of your ass.
I should get my head out of my ass? I'm not the one giving false information on state laws and then getting angry when I'm called on it. And carrying a gun in your car is considered open carry and you do not need any form of permit or a conceal license to do so.

So which CCP instructor told you the gun couldn't be chambered? Name and location please. They should never be allowed to teach another class since they don't know the laws.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I should get my head out of my ass? I'm not the one giving false information on state laws and then getting angry when I'm called on it. And carrying a gun in your car is considered open carry and you do not need any form of permit or a conceal license to do so.

So which CCP instructor told you the gun couldn't be chambered? Name and location please. They should never be allowed to teach another class since they don't know the laws.
You were a smart ass about it for absolutely no reason.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
You were a smart ass about it for absolutely no reason.
So you're not going to say which instructor told you that was law? LOL I figured you wouldn't.

No, I had good reason to call you out, now go educate yourself on your state laws before you tell others the wrong info again. Gun laws in Louisiana are really rather simple and to the point.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:19 AM

810 posts, read 661,636 times
Merry Christmas to all ....

Old 12-22-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
So you're not going to say which instructor told you that was law? LOL I figured you wouldn't.

No, I had good reason to call you out, now go educate yourself on your state laws before you tell others the wrong info again. Gun laws in Louisiana are really rather simple and to the point.
I don't remember. Not a gun nut.

Go mature somewhere.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:49 PM

8,913 posts, read 3,659,443 times
Quote:

Don't be so harsh on the lad. He gets his firearm information from the same sources as the President he voted for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or