U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:54 PM

5,231 posts, read 2,493,763 times

Advertisements

As I said, which many probably did not like, but I addressed the spectrum of "uneducated" who flock to the Republican Party and become hoodwinked by the Party system and its mentality toward the un educated and the under-educated.
I'm sure some took it as slander, but it was said in the previous post to make a point. The point is, if people look at their lives and look at the contrast of the lives of the Wealthy and Industry Leaders of the party, then the people will see how little the party has of concern for and of them and their reality life issues. Especially when it comes to economics, sustainable livestyles and many other matters related to the economic well being of its constituency.
When poor whites, uneducated and under-educated whites come to the realization they are no better than anyone else and being white does not make them better than minorities. Then they will AWAKEN to understand the plight and stand of the minorities and the poor whites and uneducated whites who support the party who helps them, which is the Democratic Party.

Republican party only wants to cut, create austerity programs, hack away at government, and turn the system over to the control to be led and directed by Industrialist. All one has to do is go to the late 1800 studies, and the early 1900's and take firm notice of how the Industrialist abused workers, under paid them and demanded unfair labor practices and fought like crazy when Theodore Roosevelt took the stand to break up the madness, Then look again at the mess of a disaster that Teddy Roosevelt was faced with, which he had to do some of the same things President Obama had to do, to get this country head back up on its feet. Teddy Roosevelt had to institute massive programs, and put in laws and regulatory governance on the stock market, banks and industry across the board. Still Industry tried and pursued means to encroach upon and against the people trying to extract labor without fair and just compensation.
If Poor whites and working poor whites had not been brainwashed with Jim Crow ideology, they would have listen and learned a great deal from MLK, and certain from the value points he addressed about citizenship, respect under the constitution, equal rights in work and life and the many things which are of the Civility Structure of being an American citizens. Because it should and did apply to poor whites, if they had truly paid attention. Sadly, the poor whites and working poor whites took pride in segregation and being able to bully, attack and assault minorities in the streets and hold anguish at and toward minorities in public places and be unjust in public and private. But they, were unaware to pay attention to the fact they were and many are still regarded as being members of "THE POOR". In being so, they are negatively relegated to the service class designation. They may get better interest rates when they borrow, but they are not getting anything which lifts them from the impoverishment of being debt ridden for life.

It's time to get off of the " I'm White Wagon" (Republican system), and get on the " Let's Be American People Together Wagon" (Democratic system).

If you want to stay on the Republican System, then push to change the system !!!!!! Because there is and will be "One America". Democracy should never yield itself to Plutocracy, nor should it become a system of Autocratic process where the wealthy control the masses.

Trump stumps and talks like he can and will be a Autocratic Leader, and in American, there is no position for such in the Democratic System which we are Governed by and through. It is still a system of the people, for the people and is to be governed by the people. Trump, Rubio, Cruz, talks as if there is no congress, then they fight about "who's more conservative", when none are, they are about and driven toward and for "self interest" at the expense of any and all. They push a dictatorial agenda, as if they can and will be some master dictator. Again, American does not have a position for a Dictator. Sanders is pushing for a Social system of Mutual Contributory Function, America is not ready for such, it first has to learn how to be people, who can respect each other without drawing racial lines, and bigoted, class divisions of wealth and wealthier, and poor and poorer.

Therefore, it is up to the people to "come together". As AMERICAN'S !!!!!!! That is a big task we must undertake as a society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 02:50 PM

8,052 posts, read 4,485,329 times
It doesn't really matter which would be better for La., since Hillary will win the nomination.

Not sure what you mean by "help." That's probably more determined by the governor and the state legislature. At least Jindal is finally out of office.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
It doesn't really matter which would be better for La., since Hillary will win the nomination.

Not sure what you mean by "help." That's probably more determined by the governor and the state legislature. At least Jindal is finally out of office.
The Governor will do his work for the betterment of the State and its citizenry, the issue we have is the Republican congress in the state, too many are too groomed in the mentality which infected Jindal with eroding the regard for the citizens. Republican have no concern for the simplicity of the Preamble, they push for an agenda of the past, when the world has moved on. Foreign nation are making us look like a third world entity, and Republican can't see it, all they can think is 'cut something" and chase Austerity, and try and dismantle the government. We already know that Government is needed, and it is Government that establishes these United States of America. Sadly, Republican has some dictator mentality who refuse to allow the government to govern or the people to do the work the citizens and the nations basis of being requires.
These imbeciles now are playing games with the Supreme Court, all behind a bigoted mindset they pledged to bond themselves unto when President Obama took the Oath of Office.

People need to see it and pay attention. Republican have with their selective Amnesia, FORGOT that it was Ted Cruz who led the mess of the Government Shut down, that caused our credit rating to be impacted, embarrassed us across the globe and cost of many millions upon millions of dollars. and he has the audacity to run for nomination to be considered for President, It's INSANITY !!!!!!! The worst insanity is they won't even talk about it.
Republican has short memory spans, they quickly blind themselves from the reality by the continual drama fixes they are fed daily via their networks and media and talking heads.

No matter the garb they spew, we can look for the Governor to move ahead with the Agenda of Democratic process of respecting the people, and not giving Industry the dominance over the people. We see how Jindal gave it to Industry and left us with the debt for it.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:46 AM

11,341 posts, read 9,081,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
As I said, which many probably did not like, but I addressed the spectrum of "uneducated" who flock to the Republican Party and become hoodwinked by the Party system and its mentality toward the un educated and the under-educated.
I'm sure some took it as slander, but it was said in the previous post to make a point. The point is, if people look at their lives and look at the contrast of the lives of the Wealthy and Industry Leaders of the party, then the people will see how little the party has of concern for and of them and their reality life issues. Especially when it comes to economics, sustainable livestyles and many other matters related to the economic well being of its constituency.
When poor whites, uneducated and under-educated whites come to the realization they are no better than anyone else and being white does not make them better than minorities. Then they will AWAKEN to understand the plight and stand of the minorities and the poor whites and uneducated whites who support the party who helps them, which is the Democratic Party.

Republican party only wants to cut, create austerity programs, hack away at government, and turn the system over to the control to be led and directed by Industrialist. All one has to do is go to the late 1800 studies, and the early 1900's and take firm notice of how the Industrialist abused workers, under paid them and demanded unfair labor practices and fought like crazy when Theodore Roosevelt took the stand to break up the madness, Then look again at the mess of a disaster that Teddy Roosevelt was faced with, which he had to do some of the same things President Obama had to do, to get this country head back up on its feet. Teddy Roosevelt had to institute massive programs, and put in laws and regulatory governance on the stock market, banks and industry across the board. Still Industry tried and pursued means to encroach upon and against the people trying to extract labor without fair and just compensation.
If Poor whites and working poor whites had not been brainwashed with Jim Crow ideology, they would have listen and learned a great deal from MLK, and certain from the value points he addressed about citizenship, respect under the constitution, equal rights in work and life and the many things which are of the Civility Structure of being an American citizens. Because it should and did apply to poor whites, if they had truly paid attention. Sadly, the poor whites and working poor whites took pride in segregation and being able to bully, attack and assault minorities in the streets and hold anguish at and toward minorities in public places and be unjust in public and private. But they, were unaware to pay attention to the fact they were and many are still regarded as being members of "THE POOR". In being so, they are negatively relegated to the service class designation. They may get better interest rates when they borrow, but they are not getting anything which lifts them from the impoverishment of being debt ridden for life.

It's time to get off of the " I'm White Wagon" (Republican system), and get on the " Let's Be American People Together Wagon" (Democratic system).

If you want to stay on the Republican System, then push to change the system !!!!!! Because there is and will be "One America". Democracy should never yield itself to Plutocracy, nor should it become a system of Autocratic process where the wealthy control the masses.

Trump stumps and talks like he can and will be a Autocratic Leader, and in American, there is no position for such in the Democratic System which we are Governed by and through. It is still a system of the people, for the people and is to be governed by the people. Trump, Rubio, Cruz, talks as if there is no congress, then they fight about "who's more conservative", when none are, they are about and driven toward and for "self interest" at the expense of any and all. They push a dictatorial agenda, as if they can and will be some master dictator. Again, American does not have a position for a Dictator. Sanders is pushing for a Social system of Mutual Contributory Function, America is not ready for such, it first has to learn how to be people, who can respect each other without drawing racial lines, and bigoted, class divisions of wealth and wealthier, and poor and poorer.

Therefore, it is up to the people to "come together". As AMERICAN'S !!!!!!! That is a big task we must undertake as a society.
You spent most of your post talking down to poor white people and then end with coming together. There is a difference between groups of poor people, regardless of skin color. Some poor people want government hand outs while others want a job to earn their own money and not have to rely upon a government check. I have no problem with people who are mentally or physically unable to work receiving government assistance nor do I have a problem with people who are recently unemployed receiving temporary assistance. But making promises for increased benefits and increased time one can remain on government assistance amounts to buying votes with the tax money. Poverty and unemployment in the black communities hasn't improved even among those living in states that have been ruled by the Democratic Party for many decades. I've no blind loyalty to the RNC, in fact I look upon the RNC as no better than the DNC. For the past 50 years the Democratic party has pushed for increased government hand outs, cutting national defense, opposing the oil and gas industry. Increasing government hand outs doesn't improve the lives of poor minorities. Those who are mentally and physically able to be employed earning their own income. National Defense is the core duty of the federal government. One of the reasons why our government spends so much on national defense is because since WW2, they haven't been using our military for national defense. They've used our military to defend other nations as well as the "US interest abroad". When the DNC cuts military spending, they do it with across the board spending cuts which puts the lives of our troops at risk when called upon. A better solution is to cut operations and foreign bases. The most direct threat to our country is coming from our southern border. It isn't just Mexicans, Central Americans, and South Americans coming across the open southern border. It's also Muslim men from Syria, Iraq, and north Africa coming across our southern border. Close foreign bases and establish bases near the southern border and use our military as muscle to support the border patrol. They'll be defending our nation at our nation's border where the threat to our country is greatest. As for the DNC's opposition to the oil and gas industry, that is bad for not only Louisiana, but also for many states and people who work in the industry. The problem with the RNC is they go to the opposite extreme. They support increased spending on national defense under the guise of protecting the country when what they're doing is spending tax money on military contractors and US interest abroad. Doing the latter means more money to government contractors. What needs to happen to make our country better is for politicians of both parties to stop working against each other based solely upon party loyalty. They need to work together for the betterment of the nation as a whole. This means a middle ground between the two extremes.

Old 02-25-2016, 01:53 PM

It is not talking down to white people, poor or working poor, it is a fact of life, that the conditions of poor whites, the same as for poor blacks and poor any other ethnic group, is they result to face a "debt riddled life" of which they can't seem to escape.
You got it right, that the Republican side "SPENDS money", just like the Democratic side "Spends money".
Now if you recall, the Republican wanted to dump money into a fund that is already full, to have more money to spend on "government contractors, be it for war games or whatever". That certainly is not better than the Democratic side wanting to spend money to help people in America.
You nor I have a problem with the needed getting assistance. I doubt that any responsible minded people, want to see anyone of any ethnic group, "just sitting on their butts just for the sake of collecting benefits".

Quote:
Poverty and unemployment in the black communities hasn't improved even among those living in states that have been ruled by the Democratic Party for many decades.
Ditto, that same point and fact for the Poverty and unemployment in the poor white communities, hasn't improved even among those living in states that have been ruled by the Republican Party for many decades.
So, that is a "mute point" as to 'this vs that".

One can't disregard what lead up to the sequester, nor is any party without fault in that mess.

I don't buy any concept of the Republican calling themselves "Fiscal Conservatives", its fiction. They have a long list of spending aims. The issue is they want to cut out anything that helps PEOPLE, so they can fund more to help their Special Interest concerns. so, that a "tit for tat". Both Parties spend money !!!!!

I am certainly more interested in a party that spends money to help AMERICAN PEOPLE, than I am for one that spends money to help Big business and give wealthy people ANOTHER tax break".

As to foreign bases and such things, Our World, is not one where we can afford not to have presence in other localities.
I think OUR GOVERNMENT, should do something about "Oil Companies" playing both sides against each other while they create havoc, and jump sides to whom ever they think gives them the best deal on "Oil", without considering the nature of the association they build and the association they flip flop to support one against the other.

I also am not interested in Our Government, being and acting like we with some major responsibility trying to fix the "Ignorance" in the Middle East. If they want to kill each other over some trip about who is the chosen or not chosen leader of their Islamic Ideals, then kill each other and when they get tired maybe they'll stop and figure out, One either believe in God or you don't. And stop fighting about what ancient preacher designated or did not designate whom ever. It is not America's Job to figure this out for them!!!!

I could care less about whether any group does not eat pork, of whether any group does not eat cows, and etc... I am not thrilled about the idea of people wanting to come to American or any other Western Nations, and walk around covered from head to toe, until one can't see whom they are !!!!!

I am 100% Tired of people calling government assistance "Hand Outs" or " Claiming people want something for nothing, and this is basically an utterance from Republicans!!!!! (That's precisely why I pointed out that many of the recipients of these program assistance benefits is utilized by white american's and a great many of those are from the so called Republican Led states, as well as I point out some ratio perspectives as to who is damaged by these republican proposed cuts.

I get it, based on the media spill of commentary, Republican would love to believe the DELUSION that it's only blacks who get and utilize benefits. But fact is, THAT IS B____ S____ !!!!! It's time the people acknowledge it as BS, and face reality factors as they exist in the expanse of these United States of America.

As to the Southern Border, yes, its a problem, but we don't know how much of our Northern Border is a problem as well because a great expanse of it is, unprotected and monitored to claim any high level of security. IF you also recall, George Herbert Walker Bush, as Former President of the these United States, wanted and tried to "outsource" the management of our borders to Dubai !!!!! except he got busted, during the process as well as exposed for trying to at the same time turn Social Security over to the Wall Street Thieves under their delusional plan.

I think when we look at the big picture and the many details that make it up, get rid of the selective amnesia, then we all can see much better the craziness that is going on.

I still stand not only by American helping American's, but American should also be willing to INVEST in America and not leave it to some delusion that everything must be done by Private Industry. Truth and fact is, much of private industry is out every day, hunting government contracts, but then want to claim they are privately held and privately funded, while they loot the government via contract programs.

You nor I or any of the other participants in these comment sections have any idea how many and how much so called private Industry has "looted" the government for things that were never delivered as requested, and how many have pushed the game of "cost over-runs" as the means to double the cost of what ever has been contracted to them, once they get the government so deeply vested, till the government can't afford to abandoned it, and become cajoled into paying more than it would or should cost.

The Federal Government has many dimensions as to what makes up its core responsibility. To think any different is not to understand that the make up of this nation and its systems is a complex weave of many things and many things with expanded and collateral responsibilities. It is not some "cut and dried" one piece mechanism, as Republicans like to pretend and make claim of it being such.
The mentality of concept of America in the context of being as some, one horse town, with one signal light, is an age and time that has long ago gone past.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Increasing government hand outs doesn't improve the lives of poor minorities
That is relative to perspective, situation and condition.

If there were as it was once before when American was a nation with Industrial Labor in every state, and we produced a higher % of what we utilize and consume, then we'd need less and less government assistance, BUT, when we have whole towns devastated by the exodus of industry, as the many mill towns which fell apart because mills and shops and such things left, then unless we want American to look like Haiti, then it is best to give the people what assistance that exist to help keep them from falling into the abysmal decay of such devastated places like Haiti.
If you think society is not safe now, take away the programs and the assistance and then ask yourself how safe do you think it is or will be?

This silliness of thinking people who get assistance don't want to work, is of a great party ignorance of the intricacies which exist.
Why would anyone who is making $7-8 an hour- with say maybe 2 kids to house and feed, go take that job, when it won't pay enough to cover the rent, and will not buy food, and the income they earn, denies them the access to medical care, or other kinds of assistance.

IF WE WANT TO FIX THE SITUATIONS, Then ALLOW, people who receive assistance, be able to "earn" $15,800, while they get benefits, and exempt it from income and federal tax for up to a maximum of 36 months, but for sure 24 months. With some fixed "mandates", which includes 25% must go directly into a saving account, without ability to withdraw it for 3-5 yrs. That is $3950 a year. That gives people the ability of have 11,850 a year, to assist themselves to regain stability, if they contribute $3600 which is $300 a month to their Section 8 assistance, give them food stamps, this afford them $680 a month to buy clothes and other needs for their kids, furnish their home, cover their transportation needs and etc. In Two years most people can work themselves out of the situations. We can even throw in Vocational and Technical training for up to 18 months, where they are responsible to pay back, 50% of the cost over a 7-10 yr period, at 1.5% flat fixed interest
Not only would people take those jobs, they'd also take care of those jobs. Because they can afford to live!!!!!
But, what we won't have is the ravages of "poverty decimating the attentions of the kids to the point they can't focus and learn in school".

We can't make things such as this work, because too many people are too busy thinking someone is getting something for nothing. Rather than realizing, that a short term functional benefit with term limits, is far better than people collecting benefits as a generational realism, because the ravages of poverty lever gave them a sense of home to figure out how to get out of the devastation circle.

What we don't realize and don't want to face, is there is a a vast amount of people who get wealthy, because programs exist. There are Non Profits where Directors of some facilities and programs easily make $100K or more a Year, as well as many professional and semi professional people in a vast variety of the private sector, have a large client base they depend on from the ranks of poverty and the funds expended within the ranks of poverty. Many people have no idea, how much and how many so call doing well people, are doing so, because they make their income gains from servicing the impoverished.

Stop the food stamp program and watch how high the cost of groceries go!!!!! These retailers rely very heavily on food stamp revenues as a means to buy in higher bulk for a lower cost, so, one has to look at the "whole picture" and then things begin to look very different.
Politician's know this. Heck they passed the legislation for these programs to exist, they may talk a bunch of flack to appease their constituency on one side, but they know they have a vast constituency who will speak up if these things is cut.
Many of the people posting and talking crap in these comments sections, have the luxury of a computer and time by some means to write, there are dire poor people who don't have a computer and are struggling too hard to figure out how to get dinner, who does not even know programs like this exist, and if they did they don't have access via computer or time and focus to be on here discussing this stuff.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:37 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,499,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Bernie. Hillary should be in prison.

I liked Rand Paul ok for a R. Kasich is the most sensible R that's still in the race.
Kasich can act more normally and sensible. He has done nothing for my state - Ohio. Polluted the state, lost jobs and people, closed down Planned Parenthood. It's an act.

I agree about Clinton.

Bernie is my choice - I don't think he will favor one state or region over the other. If Clinton doesn't rig the election, I think he has a good shot.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:48 PM

the difference is 'there are many systems across the world, and the Office of President has to have someone who grasp and understand that. A very good thing President Obama did was usher back in the concept of "diplomacy" !!!! because we can't go stomping around the world like we are the police of the globe. Hillary has to have understood this, because you can't be Secretary of State without learning this valuable lesson.

Sander's ideas about helping everyone is great, but he runs into a wall when he talks about dismantling any system completely.
One has to work within the frameworks which exist, even if it is to make remodeling modification, one has to get in and work with it, because there is no such things as just discarding and starting from scratch. The world nor the people of the nation won't allow such. Because "time does not stop and wait for anyone or anything".

I think at times people don't grasp the scope and size of what is a Federal Government and what roles, responsibilities and duties it has in the reality sense of being the nation of which we are. It was not built over-night, nor was the things decimated; decimated overnight.
It has taken us YEARS to work out of some of the messes that Bush Got us into, and still we are not out of it, we still have the massive disaster in the Middle East that is confounded in absurd levels and terms, because Bush saw aim to take out leader's he did not understand what it took for them to keep containment for the sake of civil peace to avoid the current existing civil wars. We have an economy where the wealthy are trying by every means to whittle their way back to some of the gambling games they had become so accustom to over those 8 yrs that left us at the brink of financial ruins. Politically, we were 'despised by many nations" because of the lies, misleading things that led to war and resulted to destabilize the whole middle east and create economic decline for many nations, because of the banking games, the shams, which were promoted which other countries following our lead, found themselves in economic dire straits. During Bush Term, there were Nordic regions who did not want to deal with the dollar, and the push of some nation in the efforts they pushed to replace the dollar as the world reserve currency and its position as being such.
We have a level of vile that is fanned and fed which has seen a recreation of racist madness, with the mentality as vile as that of the early 1960's.
We are sitting here as a once Industrial Leader, wondering how the heck did China dominate the world as an Industrial Product provider, and we can do nothing but make more agreements that does not lead us back to industrial growth.
We almost don't have a choice, because WE saw our financial community devote itself to investing in what ever has the potential to be outsourced, and the rest is focused toward tech companies that sell "advertising space" as their claim to fame, and use the membership as consumer public, to market foreign made products to them. Any tech social media that gets 100-200-500 million people, "they become traded like baseball cards", all for the sake of using the membership to sell the list to mass marketers.
Other than that, we have a speculator driven Wall Street, and facing the craziness of the Chicago Exchange being prepared to be sold to the Chinese.

They may have been able to fend off the Chinese from getting their currency as a reserve currency in past October, but we won't be as lucky next cycle, because once China gets the Chicago Exchange, they can Westernize their Commodities and ride off the back of the claimed American stability, which before long, that too will belong to China. Then China will have the power to manipulate the markets to their satisfaction, without ever being made to allow their currency to float.

The person who is to be the Next President had better be well versed in these awareness aspects.

We sit and watch the "buffoon parade and circus" of Republican debating about which one is the most or least conservative, as if they are unaware of these multitude of reality factors that this nation must deal with, or become the victim who became a victim while bickering about nothing with itself. It's so crazy, Rubio sounds like a broken record, trying what every other republican has tried, "attack Obama" as his campaign strategy, Cruz, and his go back to the Gold standard and trying to push an agenda as if he's a traveling preacher ready to pitch a tent in any town, and Trump, playing to the confusions and anguish of people, who are pissed off because we are no long a white dominated society, without telling the people the whole truth, he's more interested in telling people what his polling numbers are and playing "let's attack anyone who speaks". He talks as if he is and can be a dictator, as though no congress exist.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:54 PM

2,039 posts, read 664,684 times
Well Chance & Change , You do get your point across with great bravado. I have read your writing and I am left wondering . Do you get paid by the word ?

Old 02-26-2016, 08:13 AM

I'm in no position to be paid, I do care about Political Sciences, Economics, Federal, State and Local well being of people and this nation.
I care about us moving ahead as a people, "learning" better to come together, and discussing it is not of the most pleasant aspects when speaking of blacks or whites, BECAUSE, our history as people in American is not pleasant when we acknowledge the atrocities, biases and many other things which have and in some cases do exist.
We work with it by and through the discussions - We must be prepared that the discussions will certainly rub the sore spots, because we are not a nation without many sore spots and they need to be healed. We can't heal it denying, blind-eyeing, and playing selective amnesia. We also have to realize conditions gave varying view points as to where one stood in relation to the ramification's, subjugation's and poor relations as well as the benefit and lack of benefit to conditions. That's Reality.

Quote:
Our nation CANNOT be one which places helping its citizens on the back burner, but at the same time, citizens must do all and the best they can to help themselves and when and how they can - help others. "That's the Ideal of Community", and we are of Many Communities, Federal Community of States, States with Communities of Counties and Parishes, and Counties and Parishes of City communities - and its all for the core aim of "Community of Citizens", as being AMERICAN'S.
We have no choice but to think is such collective and broad terms, but we must figure it out, Business before People, or People before Business ??!!??
Business is the service and serve people - therefore at the core, it is People that matter first, as they are not only the ones who own and establish business, but they are the ones who support and give business a reason to exist.
We must not forget that!!!!! NEVER should we allow business to be more important than the people, unless we allow ourselves to choose to be a Plutocracy and relinquish the concept of Democracy.

We had better figure it out, because we don't elect politicians by popular vote to be placed in position as "Authoritarians" as if they are masters of a Monarchy, They are elected as REPRESENTATIVES of the people, not Dictators unto the people. When they fail to act, take pledges which make devoid the voice of the people, Then we have a 'rebellion" going on by those whom we elected to represent, they were not elected to invoke rebellions against the people and nation as a whole. Nor to make pledges to do other than their basic responsibility requires of them.
There is no such thing as "Perfect Policy", but Policy must exist,and as time moves on,we improve upon it, We don't take a posture on non function, contention and outright obstinate which has no foundation in what concerns America and the America people. We have no place for racist bigotry among our political appointed representatives. Nor should they be driven to incite any of such. There are reasons we have a President, and when the system fails to act, there is too reason why we have long had "Executive Orders", We don't have the options to exclude this principle from the office of the President, as some selective act, to allow it under one and try and deny it under another.

Globally as a nation we are falling behind in so many categories, because we get lost within INTERNAL Bickering ABOUT the silliness of "Which Party Get's Credit" for what benefits America and the American people. While we do so, the world around us advances.

What we have of conditions within and across a vast amount of American should not exist. Poverty spreads from Coast to Coast, when Trillions of Dollars sit in the hands of the Wealthy, Hidden Offshore, and this nation claims it's value as many many Trillions ahead of the rest of the world. There should be none of the madness we have. Where is the money and why is so little in the hands of the vast amount of American people?

We have expanded member usages of public services, because we sat on our butts, with arrogance and ignorance, and allowed Jobs and Industry to be Outsourced, We sat silent while THE ONLY collective voice American Workers had was via Unions, and we sat dumbfounded and allowed that to be dismantled rather than improved in how it functions.
Now, here we are as a people who can't produce 40% of what we consume. Our homes filled with particle board with laminate on it, cheap furnishing, cheap everything, and then we allowed everything to become "disposable", which means we destroyed a whole segment of small repair shops, as if we don't know how to fix things. America grew because we made "DURABLE AND REPAIRABLE GOODS", After market parts and parts producers were a big part of the American Industrial Model and we threw it away, listening to pundits of the wealthy, tell us, "we can't compete", as their means to delude us to accept them seeking slaves and slave wage labor on foreign shores. This is Our Fault, and we did it by being UNAWARE, SILENT AND TOO HUNG UP ON TRIVIA TO PAY ATTENTION, THEN WE LET BIGOTRY AND RACISM DISTRACT US, AND ULTIMATELY DENY ALL OF US, THE LIVES WE COULD ALL HAVE IN A FUNCTIONING SYSTEM OF EQUALITY AND OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL.
Our first job is to get rid of the hate and hatefulness of bias, racism and bigotry, then we might be able to work as a collective and figure out how to rebuild American and Build a system where American people can develop a sustainable standard of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or