U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2016, 09:35 AM
Status: "We're strong, America. Don't give up!" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
49,049 posts, read 38,971,901 times
Reputation: 29556

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgathrights View Post
Which Democratic Presidential Candidate Will Help Louisiana The Most?

I am still undecided about which one to choose.
Frankly, neither one. Obama sure hasn't, so why would you think that Hillary Rotten Clinton or The Bern would produce a different result?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2016, 12:50 PM
 
5,231 posts, read 2,493,271 times
Reputation: 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Frankly, neither one. Obama sure hasn't, so why would you think that Hillary Rotten Clinton or The Bern would produce a different result?
Jindal and his attitude of trying to be the Republican Poster Boy, refused and not only refused but attacked any idea or anything of which Obama wanted to do for people and the state.
Jindal fought against even the simplicity of people who needed Unemployment Assistance, and Medicaid and Medicare and everything else that the Federal Government tried to do to assist States. Flemming and Vitter stood with a mass of other Republicans pushing fear tactics and every other thing against ACA.
All the while, Jindal was covertly promising Big Industry gifts of money the state did not have.

Please let's get perspective before we say what Obama has not done, because it certainly is not like he did not try to help this state and many other states. Blame the REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR AND HIS REPUBLICAN CONGRESS for the deficits and lack of benefits available in this state.
Jindal did all he could to try and defeat every aspect of the Stimilus Plan and its Resource usage goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2016, 12:52 PM
 
5,231 posts, read 2,493,271 times
Reputation: 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Frankly, neither one. Obama sure hasn't, so why would you think that Hillary Rotten Clinton or The Bern would produce a different result?
Jindal and his attitude of trying to be the Republican Poster Boy, refused and not only refused but attacked any idea or anything of which Obama wanted to do for people and the state.
Jindal fought against even the simplicity of people who needed Unemployment Assistance, and Medicaid and Medicare and everything else that the Federal Government tried to do to assist States. Flemming and Vitter stood with a mass of other Republicans pushing fear tactics and every other thing against ACA.
All the while, Jindal was covertly promising Big Industry gifts of money, tax concessions and anything else he could give away to big industry, oil companies and insurance companies of which the state did not have.

Please let's get perspective before we say what Obama has not done, because it certainly is not like he did not try to help this state and many other states. Blame the REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR AND HIS REPUBLICAN CONGRESS for the deficits and lack of benefits available in this state.
Jindal did all he could to try and defeat every aspect of the Stimulus Plan and its Resource usage goals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 05:59 AM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
8,938 posts, read 3,669,991 times
Reputation: 8075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Well Chance & Change , You do get your point across with great bravado. I have read your writing and I am left wondering . Do you get paid by the word ?
He's clearly angry that America is a White majority nation.
Such resentment and vitriol can only negatively affect his life, which further enrages him. A terrible cycle indeed.
The Leftist pendulum has already made its swing too far to the Left, and is now moving back toward the Right.
Chance and Change has lost his chance and change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 06:16 AM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
8,938 posts, read 3,669,991 times
Reputation: 8075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Jindal and his attitude of trying to be the Republican Poster Boy, refused and not only refused but attacked any idea or anything of which Obama wanted to do for people and the state.
Jindal fought against even the simplicity of people who needed Unemployment Assistance, and Medicaid and Medicare and everything else that the Federal Government tried to do to assist States. Flemming and Vitter stood with a mass of other Republicans pushing fear tactics and every other thing against ACA.
All the while, Jindal was covertly promising Big Industry gifts of money, tax concessions and anything else he could give away to big industry, oil companies and insurance companies of which the state did not have.

Please let's get perspective before we say what Obama has not done, because it certainly is not like he did not try to help this state and many other states. Blame the REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR AND HIS REPUBLICAN CONGRESS for the deficits and lack of benefits available in this state.
Jindal did all he could to try and defeat every aspect of the Stimulus Plan and its Resource usage goals.
You have a propensity to use the term "benefits" and "stimulus" in your rants. Most of us out here can translate that to mean more free stuff to those that have found another path through life.
Jindal is gone, so now you can begin a narrative about an Edwards that's not yet in prison.
Democrats have done little for Louisiana and New Orleans in particular. Corruption and poor decisions have been the norm.
Finally, your boy Obama is finished. Washed up. History will peck away at his presidency like a woodpecker on a dead oak.

Last edited by finalmove; 03-07-2016 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: punct
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 AM
 
Location: Louisiana
810 posts, read 662,533 times
Reputation: 1223
Chance and Change is unable to debate anything without throwing Jindal and the Republicans into the mix . Neither occupies the Governors Mansion OR The White House at this time so that's a pathetic attempt at avoiding the reality of the current tax and spend administration ( both of them ) .


So , the question is , which Democrat can offer the most free stuff , entitlement programs or outright socialism ? Well Hillary will tell the most lies and Bernie is serious about his socialism . Flip a coin . Both of them intend to get deeper into your pockets to support their base .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Denver
14,239 posts, read 20,631,494 times
Reputation: 9060
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Flip a coin . Both of them intend to get deeper into your pockets to support their base .
When all you watch is Fox News talking points spilled out by young impressionable blonde 21 year old "journalists."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 08:58 AM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
8,938 posts, read 3,669,991 times
Reputation: 8075
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
When all you watch is Fox News talking points spilled out by young impressionable blonde 21 year old "journalists."
You're right. FOX has the hottest women!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
810 posts, read 662,533 times
Reputation: 1223
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
When all you watch is Fox News talking points spilled out by young impressionable blonde 21 year old "journalists."

Sorry Charlie , I don't watch Fox news any more than any other network . In fact , my news sources are probably more diverse than your own . Although , I just can't bring myself to follow Al Jazeerah . I guess that makes me a racist infidel or something like that .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2016, 05:34 PM
 
5,231 posts, read 2,493,271 times
Reputation: 3685
Geez!!!!! Republican deflect by any means and they have such a intrinsic propensity for selective amnesia, they already want to pretend that Jindal did not leave a screw up that will last most of the next 4+ or more years to try and clean up and fix. And you want no one to talk about it. Amazing!!!! such wild expectations!!!!
It simply is something fundamentally wrong with right wing logic and certainly they are not attuned to reality.

This confederate embedded mentality would love to call benefits "free stuff', as if they are ignorant to the fact that benefits were put forth and proposed and adopted by congress. Is there something hard to understand about that?

What they really want to say but are too chicken hearted to say it is, because they know saying it identifies them as the bigots and covert racist they try and hide beneath their blather. "they detest the thought of black people or any other minority getting any kind of benefit assistance for anything".

That is exactly the same mentality of what Governor Wallace pushed and promoted in his anti minority mentality and fight against civil rights and equality. They never wanted minorities to be considered FULL AMERICAN'S and have FULL EQUALITY, because they never wanted minorities to have any access to benefits or anything else.

Shocker!!!! and Wake Up time.... the number of whites who use these benefits outnumber minorities by a wide, very wide % ratio. So you had better consider and come to learn that fact before self vain utterance continue to be put forth.

So unless your anguish encompasses that fact, then you are nothing more than slinging out more covert race directed jargon's, trying to sound clever, when its obvious what your intent and aim actually is. If you want to see the mass of white people wrath, then keep pushing for cuts. You will be overwhelmed, run over and decimated by the massive volumes of whites who not only will be furious, but even more so when they find they have been hoodwinked and left in the despair you are seeking to promote. If whites killed whites in the Civil War, trying to cling to keeping slaves as their means to wealth, just wait and see what kind of wrath they invoke, if you take away their benefits!!!!! that's another reality some of you haters toward people who get and use benefits, and you are not even remotely aware of, but take it from them, and they will wipe you out without a blink of an eye.

I could care less how heartless some of you who post this stuff is, it does not matter than the humanity aspect fall low on your level of regards, The fact is. Programs exist, and they will continue to exist. this society has member of the group called "The Poor" and this nation, thank goodness had systems that are built to respect compassion.

I don't care if you don't like what I post, that is an issue you create in yourself, its not mine to be concerned about. this post is about "Which Democratic Presidential Candidate will Help Louisiana".... and to discuss that, one can't omit the mess that Republican made of this state, and certainly it can't just be pushed under the rug that Jindal was a disaster for Louisiana, the people and the systems in this state. Truth is, you can't wipe that out of the historical records.
One thing is a fact, Edwards is a Democrat, and he has stood up to bring the truth to the people of the mess Republican Jindal made. Not Jindal being out of office does not make that go away, nor does Bush being out of Office make the mess he created go away.
You are welcome to indulge in "confabulation" , it does not change reality, no matter how you twist it in your minds to try and deflect, deny and omit and conjure up some fictitious scenario. Expecting "society to be blind and quickly forget" sounds about as crazy as some of the old Jim Crow programming ideas and concepts. But whats even more odd is all the people who followed blindly the Jim Crow indoctrination, and when the Law changed and put one in jeopardy of going to jail for doing some of the stuff people took delights in doing, quickly changed, when the laws were pushed forth. That's how much of a "Posse Mentality" many republican have to follow stuff blindly, until their butt get posed with being run through the ringer for such. Then they claim to change, but in essence they see covert ways to keep doing the same, thinking the same and having hearts filled with the same ignorance and vile. Limbaugh and Fox and their group can drum up a posse mentality among its minions in the flash of a moment, especially within those who are desperate for some delusion of clinging to white superiority illusion, when in fact the pursuit of such shows the depth of their general humane inferiority and utter chosen ignorance, to not be able to have the heart to respect the dignity and equality of human reality.

One can't name a state that a Republican Governor has not screwed up and set up programs that constrict, restrict and subjugate members of "The Poor" to undue hardships.

The haughtiness of the ignorantly proud who relish the folly and mischief done by Republicans is in no ways God like, those who try and pretend it did not and does not leave a trail of disaster, blind themselves to the truth, which again is not God like by any means in any way. yet, they want to call themselves the Evangelical Right. the selfish ones who can't stand to see others get help, are certainly an abomination unto the Lord God.

I guess Republican thing the mess they created will just go away, Edwards and the on a National scale, its is imbecilic to even remotely think one can "cut their way to prosperity".. That's the most insidious thing ever.
NO, America has a responsibility to uphold the programs it painstakingly instituted, the problem lies within the madness of the 99.9% of Executive Business Leadership who committed Economic Treason Against the American people by Outsourcing the same Industries that once made American a Great Economic system.. But, these executives could not get "slave seeking out of their heart", so they simply pursued it on foreign soils, too the resources of the people and gave it away to conglomerate oil and other special interest groups, and promised them what the State did not have to promise, but they promised it based on the fictions and delusions they live by, in thinking the people would forever remain ignorant and stupid.
Trump already said how much he loves the uneducated, and most of the republican system plays directly to the uneducated and under-educated, the bigoted and the bias, and that is the base they cater to. they understand very well the tactic's to use to promote selective amnesia, with smoke, mirrors and diversion, deflection and denial.

It's tantamount to the mad mobs that rushed out to watch a lynching, never having thought of the inhumanity of it, never knowing the person did nothing wrong, and never having the sensibilities to understand the utter vile of the act of such. It's as pathetic as the kids in Mississippi, who went on a hunt to hurt, harm and randomly attack black people, and then laugh about the running over a human being with a vehicle and thinking its some humorous joke.

Some of you relish your good fortune of the moment, but the minute your money is gone, and you get old and no job, you will be in line anguished because you can't get benefit assistance quick enough. Age and health and poor health is the equalizer, and it will find you. then whine about the people who work for low wages who still take the job to give your assistance and care. Then whine about the benefit programs, then whine about the government having the dignity to have safety net programs. Haughtiness falls hard... you should pray it does not find you flat out on back or face, pleading for some help.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 03-07-2016 at 05:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top