Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:55 PM

264 posts, read 1,150,994 times

Advertisements

Since I might be moving there, I decided I should get some insight on North Louisiana. Can anyone tell me something about the area north of I-20 in particular? We would prefer a smaller, not too small, town with alot of outdoor recreation area thats safe. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 01:58 PM

420 posts, read 478,579 times
Hello Mr. TN-rox, im glad to see your interest in The more relaxed and more outdoor recreated North Louisiana! We are known as Sportsman's Paradise in this region of Louisiana and we show case it proudly on our license plate. You gotta check out The Monroe metro area. We have so many different waters from lakes, bayous, to rivers. Monroe's population is about 53,000 and the metro is about 160,000. Perfect Rite!! U should fit right into the crowd if u are into outdoor recreation. We have year round festivals for things like that. You just miss the big gun knife show and boat showcase thing. But something that is abosolutely amazing around here is the antique classic car show & parade. These group of old guys in this area have actual have cars from the 1920s and drive them around on a daily basis. Can't go wrong with the Monroe area if your don't want a huge city, if not there definitely try Ruston, the present the same thing just a smaller, super- sophisticated town.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:06 PM

Thanks, Monroe sounds pretty nice!How is the crime in Monroe?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:37 PM

768 posts, read 4,385,445 times
Tell me, what are you looking for? Why north Louisiana? Is it a job transfer? If so, what city will you be working in, or what metro. If Monroe, definitely look into the areas Louisiana's Legend has mentioned, but if Shreveport-Bossier, let me know for sure and I'd be glad to help.

Best of luck!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:32 PM

65 posts, read 381,245 times
I would recommend at least taking a look at Ruston. While my daughter attended La Tech., I visited the place a couple of times. It seems like a place someone could get away from the big city hustle-bustle and relax. I don't know what the locals are like but there is a really good military museum there and the folks who ran it were really friendly.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:01 PM

We were thinking outside of Shreveport or Monroe. Job oriented move. We were thinking about north LA because we've heard really great things about the outdoor activities and fishing, but it doesn't sound too safe which could be a problem... Leaving where we are now because of the safety... Any information on the area would be greatly appreciated: Oil City, Minden, Stonewall, Farmerville, Springhill, Shrevport, Monroe- its a pretty open move. Thanks so much.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:50 PM

Does anyone have any other suggestions on where to live in North Louisiana? Thanks.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:03 PM

768 posts, read 4,385,445 times
Bossier City. Smaller and safer than Shreveport, but located right next door. Or Benton, Haughton, North DeSoto.

I have no idea what my last post said which was deleted... lol

Old 02-17-2008, 04:01 PM

108 posts, read 348,500 times
why not -west monroe ?good place many good people good place for kids to grow up. if you like to eat out there is more resturants than many larger cities. many fishing lakes and the ouachita river . lake darbonne lake cheniere caney lake i dont know about hunting any more but they still do i guess.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 PM

420 posts, read 478,579 times
I love Natchitoches, its a very easy city I promise and the people and environment is fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana