U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 08:38 PM

1,993 posts, read 1,683,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Do you realize how many innocent people are on death row today or how many have been executed and found innocent after? I think we should focus on the root of crime instead of the result of our capitalist priorities.
Is that even remotely as large as the number of people killed by thugs every year? And by thug I mean every single person murdering someone intentionally, black, white, everyone. Fry em. And of course we go on looks at least until we get to know someone what else can we go on? I am more scared of a white kid in a hoodie at night than a black business professional. Plus, life in prison is a mountain of money we are wasting on millions of people. At a minimum deport them to a remote pacific island or something. Fry em or fly em. I just invented that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 PM

14,221 posts, read 20,615,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
Is that even remotely as large as the number of people killed by thugs every year? And by thug I mean every single person murdering someone intentionally, black, white, everyone. Fry em. And of course we go on looks at least until we get to know someone what else can we go on? I am more scared of a white kid in a hoodie at night than a black business professional. Plus, life in prison is a mountain of money we are wasting on millions of people. At a minimum deport them to a remote pacific island or something. Fry em or fly em. I just invented that.
No it's not. But it's the same as a "thug" killing an innocent man. You sound like a thug yourself.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:29 AM

1,373 posts, read 2,428,294 times
yea, lets give a new prison and for gods sake don't overcrowd them, these guys need us to spend millions on them and rehabilitate them, school them, give them nice work out area's, makes sense to me, and a large screen tv while we are at it, make them as comfortable as possible, it's our fault they are in there to begin with, lol. Annie u got all the answers.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:05 PM

28 posts, read 20,622 times
Quote:
Do you realize how many innocent people are on death row today or how many have been executed and found innocent after? I think we should focus on the root of crime instead of the result of our capitalist priorities.
agreed.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
yea, lets give a new prison and for gods sake don't overcrowd them, these guys need us to spend millions on them and rehabilitate them, school them, give them nice work out area's, makes sense to me, and a large screen tv while we are at it, make them as comfortable as possible, it's our fault they are in there to begin with, lol. Annie u got all the answers.
No let's put them in cages, give them cardboard to sleep on, then later eat that same cardboard, let them live with other killers and rapists to learn how to be a better criminal, let's make them feel as much like rats as possible, that way when they get out of prison with absolutely 0 rehabilitation, they can get out on parole and try to get a job as a felon and then they can't and that violates their parole and get sent back to prison so that Billy Joe the warden can get more money from the state to house these "criminals" in his private prison out in St. Gabriel.

Obviously that drives crime rates down, as you can tell by our skyrocketing murder rates and heroin overdoses. It works so well here that other countries are starting to take notice and lock up everyone for profit.

Don't take my word for it, look at how Norway's investment and humane treatment of prisoners has their recidivism rate sky high and crime higher than Snoop on a plane.
Why Norway's prison system is so successful - Business Insider

Old 05-15-2016, 07:05 AM

810 posts, read 661,636 times
Apples and oranges . Completely different demographics . A prison without bars ? Yeah , that's what we need . It sure will reduce the number of inmates all right . Talk to any CO and ask him if Norway's system will work here . You'll have to wait until they stop laughing .

Old 05-15-2016, 10:37 AM

When you have nothing to say to facts so you make up some lame excuse for disagreeing with effective prison practices in lieu of your barbaric American practices.
My dad is ranking member of BRPD, couple of friends in APSO and AP Homeland security, and one of my best friends dad is retired Border Patrol. I'm pretty well versed in law enforcement and incarceration. I don't need to talk to some jacked up CO who get's his jollies off by beating inmates.

Old 05-15-2016, 03:31 PM

810 posts, read 661,636 times
Quote:
When you have nothing to say to facts so you make up some lame excuse for disagreeing with effective prison practices in lieu of your barbaric American practices.
My dad is ranking member of BRPD, couple of friends in APSO and AP Homeland security, and one of my best friends dad is retired Border Patrol. I'm pretty well versed in law enforcement and incarceration. I don't need to talk to some jacked up CO who get's his jollies off by beating inmates.
I really don't care about your alleged inner circle of LEO . The only thing you're well versed in is liberal ideology . I would love to see you spend 1 hour in GP in a SuperMax facility . When Tyronne makes you his ***** you'll be begging for a" jacked up CO " to save you . Effective Prison practices aren't effective when you are dealing with savages . I really don't think Norwegian Prisons have a problem with Crips , Bloods , Aryan Brotherhood , Latin Kings , Los Solidos , and the list goes on ..

So , does Daddy recommend removing the bars from the cells and building a recording studio at the Parish Prison ?

Old 05-17-2016, 05:59 AM

5,221 posts, read 2,489,086 times
I don't claim to know the best methods to deal with prisons, as there are many types of prisoners. There is in the society a vast number of people who are criminally insane. How do you audit these people to find out who's who?

I do however think, that "hard labor if it were hard labor' would awaken some. It may do the opposite for others and make them even more violent.

I think going to the root of the situations may be an options, to deal with young kids, Make School Absolutely Mandatory!!! Penalize the parents if the kids does not go, and if the kid still rebels, put them in some type of boot camp environment where they must follow stern rules and guidelines.

We should also look at what is the turning point in youth, that drive kids in these directions? there is definitely tell tale signs long before they get on the criminal merry go round.
Gang's should be outlawed and considered as "Urban Terrorist", most police organizations already know who these gang members are. ( Now how do you reform someone who has tattoo'd their face and the rest of their body is covered in gang tattoo's ? )

I do think the direction of society and technology will have some plans and system to "negate" those who fit non productive profiles who are healthy and youthful in age. Already, there is a gap in-between where things are going and those who are spinning in the criminal circles.

If people understand what is freedom and what a responsibility it takes to have it, when they are young, maybe they might want to protect and invest in having it. Those who go adverse to this, will find a very different system in the future that is unknown to me, but it has to be something in the works to deal with the criminal and habitual criminally driven individuals.

Eventually the system will have to honestly face the "gun issue", by what means I don't know, but there has to be a change in what is "gun ownership and what is the responsibility that goes along with it", as well as what is the penalty for gun violence or a gun used in the commission of crimes. It has to become far different than what currently exist.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:01 PM

345 posts, read 288,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
...I do think the direction of society and technology will have some plans

and system to "negate" those who fit non productive profiles who are healthy and youthful in age.

Already, there is a gap in-between where things are going and those who are spinning in the criminal circles.

I have been busy community building for the past week and just found the time to see what people stuck inside on their computers are doing lately.

Can you explain this gap in more detail using real world experiences in your own community Chance and Change?

Where does Chance and Change fit in with this gap?

I see a gap growing between the online/inside society and those who are outside working with the very people you are talking about. While many online personalities think they are having an effect with their political discussions, their thinking is actually flawed because the online audience is still a small percentage of actual citizens in Louisiana. In my case, you have simply attracted the attention of a conservative community organizer in Louisiana that discusses your view points in a joking manner to the outside public to show how dangerous liberal thinking really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana