Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 03:54 PM

10 posts, read 11,362 times

Advertisements

Hey!

So I've been hit with a decision I'm not fully 100% equipped to answer. My original plan was to move to Lafayette but some things has splurged up and now Baton Rouge might be an option of residency. I was wondering which is a better place to move coming from my background...

I am 21 years old, I am currently a certified nurse aide, I am African American, I am single and will be moving down there by myself, I am a female, i love cats, I love art and music, I like to go to bars and clubs here and there, I am a people person and pretty much get along with everyone, I am from Illinois, I am more into the R&B genre and pop genre, but if a song has a good message and beat I can enjoy it, I plan on getting my criminal justice degree and working in a juvenile detention center, I have experience already in that field because I work at a juvenile detention treatment center currently, I just want to go out and have a good time and eat great food which I know I will once I move down there.. Thanks a bunch for reading and hope to hear some great responses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 05:22 PM

860 posts, read 1,193,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahhitsnini View Post
Hey!

So I've been hit with a decision I'm not fully 100% equipped to answer. My original plan was to move to Lafayette but some things has splurged up and now Baton Rouge might be an option of residency. I was wondering which is a better place to move coming from my background...

I am 21 years old, I am currently a certified nurse aide, I am African American, I am single and will be moving down there by myself, I am a female, i love cats, I love art and music, I like to go to bars and clubs here and there, I am a people person and pretty much get along with everyone, I am from Illinois, I am more into the R&B genre and pop genre, but if a song has a good message and beat I can enjoy it, I plan on getting my criminal justice degree and working in a juvenile detention center, I have experience already in that field because I work at a juvenile detention treatment center currently, I just want to go out and have a good time and eat great food which I know I will once I move down there.. Thanks a bunch for reading and hope to hear some great responses!
I'm curious why you chose those cities? Do you have family there? If I were 21 years old and moving to Louisiana, I would be looking at New Orleans. Especially if I was into art, music, bars, and clubs. Those both seem like great cities, but I would think you would have more opportunities in your field in New Orleans. I could be wrong though. Definitely do your thing. I made some crazy moves when I was younger, and I wouldn't change any of them.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:04 AM

I really don't know. I've always wanted to move down south and every quiz I did always came up Lousiana. I really like BR and NO but that problem is I don't want to live in a big city I don't think lol. I mean I've heard great things about New Orleans and Baton Rouge and I feel like I might want to move there but still stuck on a lot. Those three cities are big on my list and yeah vacation is fun but when it comes down to settling down a bit, I want to have fun, be comfortable, and stay stable ya know? I don't want the fun for awhile feeling to die down. And honestly I feel like I just might move to NO... But I really like Lafayette too ��

Old 06-25-2016, 07:17 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Settle down at 21?!!

Old 06-25-2016, 07:24 AM

Not settle down settle down.. But like year or two and not feel so bored lol.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:56 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
You shouldn't be bored in New Orleans at your age and with your personality.

I am 24, black male and a photographer so I love art and I love bars and drinking beer in general and New Orleans is my favorite city in the country.
Baton Rouge is where you'd get bored after a year or two. However, easier to settle down in.

Baton Rouge is killing me, I have to leave. But being from Boone, Baton Rouge is certainly larger and more complete and might work for you. Lafayette is smaller and feels like it. A very nice city but too small for me.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:23 AM

Well you do have a point. Yes, Boone is horrible compared to where I am from. I moved here in Feb for a job and I absolutely hate it. But I am honestly reconsidering NOLA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana