U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 03:30 PM

1,543 posts, read 924,547 times

Advertisements

Are there any real pizza places in Lake Charles and Lafayette? Looking for real authentic pizza. Not Tony's pizza or anything of that nature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 07:24 AM

11,612 posts, read 10,287,939 times
What do you mean by "real" pizza places? If you mean authentic then Tony's Pizza is the best, it is an authentic pizza place run by Italians. Not sure why you excluded that.

If you mean a fancy sit down restaurant then try Grotto's. 121 Artisan Bistro is also superb.

Deano's is the best pizza in Lafayette or Pizza Artista if you want upscale.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:45 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,688,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
What do you mean by "real" pizza places? If you mean authentic then Tony's Pizza is the best, it is an authentic pizza place run by Italians. Not sure why you excluded that.

If you mean a fancy sit down restaurant then try Grotto's. 121 Artisan Bistro is also superb.

Pizza Artista is my favorite! But they make a lot of cajun inspired pizzas, which imo are way better than traditional types!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:41 AM

346 posts, read 288,848 times
I agree Tony's Pizza is the best in Lake Charles.

Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Tony's Pizza is not authentic even through it is run by Italians. It may be more authentic than other places around here, but it is definitely not authentic.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Tony's Pizza is not authentic even through it is run by Italians. It may be more authentic than other places around here, but it is definitely not authentic.
Tell me what you want and I'll recommend a place. Are you looking for thin crust, NY style, Chicago style, or just a white tablecloth place?

Old 02-22-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Tell me what you want and I'll recommend a place. Are you looking for thin crust, NY style, Chicago style, or just a white tablecloth place?
Lol, it's not necessarily the style of pizza. It's the authentic ingredients that Lake Charles lacks. I just like pizzas that taste like the pizzas in Italy. Houston and Galveston have some, due to Galveston's history of Italians. Dolce Vita in Houston, for example is what I'm talking about.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Lol, it's not necessarily the style of pizza. It's the authentic ingredients that Lake Charles lacks. I just like pizzas that taste like the pizzas in Italy. Houston and Galveston have some, due to Galveston's history of Italians. Dolce Vita in Houston, for example is what I'm talking about.
Try Pizza Artista in Lafayette. It rivals anything in Galveston.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I highly highly doubt that, I'd have to try it and let you know. But if it's anything like the Lake Charles location, then it's definitely not like a real pizza in Galveston. But just in case, I'll visit it next time I'm in Lafayette and let you know. I think I'm actually supposed to go in a few days

Old 02-22-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
From when the Lake Charles location, the dough actually was more Italian style and authentic, but the sauce (which is extremely important) as well as the cheese weren't like the ones in Galveston and Italy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana