Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 12,298 times

Advertisements

OK my husbands company has lost their local contract. We have been offered to move to Lafayette. Actually office is in Broussard. Any info anyone can give? This will be a fast move IF we decide. Any sites where I can check rentals? homes?
Average cost of utilities?
Heat with electric? vs gas?
Just the normal everyday stuff.

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 03:53 PM

Wow lots of lookies but no comments. Thanks for the help folks. Guess we will just do like we have always done and did before internet. Get out there and discover things for ourselves.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,097 times
Default sorry gina

sorry for the folks, I just moved here myself from FL. Deltona. I am not sure were it is you are planiing on here, but I can tell you one thing traffic is tough here Covington to Mandaville. I love the weather here so far, it was in the low 60's today but being in construction the rain kills me with the clay (Red) so if you have kids be ready to clean the clay from the cloths and the floors. I understand the schools here in Mandaville are highly rated. So good luck to your husband and his job search, if he is wise he better jump on something because if the obama man gets in there and you are not working, ooh what am I saying he will have so many hand outs they will do better then those workiing hahahahahahaha.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:32 AM

794 posts, read 3,356,543 times
FYI. There is no Broussard Parish. The city of Broussard is in southeast Lafayette Parish. Try asking for info about Lafayette or Lafayette Parish.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:21 PM

Default OK so I made a mistake in the title

Ok looking at moving to the Broussard AREA. or maybe Crowley. Any one have any suggestions? we would rather get out of 'town' but don't want to be TOO far out in the boonies *S*

Old 12-08-2008, 05:22 PM

5 posts, read 17,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrole View Post
sorry for the folks, I just moved here myself from FL. Deltona. I am not sure were it is you are planiing on here, but I can tell you one thing traffic is tough here Covington to Mandaville. I love the weather here so far, it was in the low 60's today but being in construction the rain kills me with the clay (Red) so if you have kids be ready to clean the clay from the cloths and the floors. I understand the schools here in Mandaville are highly rated. So good luck to your husband and his job search, if he is wise he better jump on something because if the obama man gets in there and you are not working, ooh what am I saying he will have so many hand outs they will do better then those workiing hahahahahahaha.
am llooking for a job near there, saw this im from new smyrna beach.thought it was intresting that someone from deltona is there..what kind of work is around there.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 PM

4 posts, read 21,154 times
just found this site.... I guess you can that I am a year late.... Well luckygina did you guys move to Broussard area..... I guess you have a place already .... And I guess you have found that the water which is by testi is bad.... But the light service if you have Selmeco is good if you found a new home that is...... Lafayette is a wonderful place to live .... Move here after the Storm Katernia wish we had done so sooner..... before the home prices had gone up.... the rentals here are not badly price...... depending where you look.... Moderator cut: recommendation ..... Hope that you love it here...... WE DO......Moderator cut: personal/trolling.... here

Last edited by leorah; 06-01-2009 at 06:54 AM.. Reason: Recommendations not allowed for members with fewer than 10 posts; please no personal/trolling comments

Old 06-01-2009, 07:02 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygina View Post
OK my husbands company has lost their local contract. We have been offered to move to Lafayette. Actually office is in Broussard. Any info anyone can give? This will be a fast move IF we decide. Any sites where I can check rentals? homes?

THANKS!
If you're working in Broussard, you'd want to live in south Lafayette and/or Younsville which, by happy coincidence, is the nicer part of town. I'd google "Lafayette homes" or something like that to aid in your search. As to utility costs, it all depends on the size of your residence and the age of the A/C. Lafayette's climate is pretty similar to South Florida's, except that you're not going to get the benefit of ocean breezes.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygina View Post

THANKS!
Broussard is very nice town and growing very fast with all new developments. i can suggest not to move in north side of lafayette, if you really want some nice apartments then there is some on south side of lafayette that runs around 750 to 1000.00 for 1 bed room apartment. i suggest to buy house in broussard or youngsville that runs around 120.00 sqft. i can tell you onething your husband job will be very secure here if someone is willing to work there is lots of oppertunity around here with good pay.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times
That area is a nightmare for traffic. They have bumperstickers that say Pray For Me I Drive On HWY 90.

Broussard is an older town with many wood frame older homes and lots of new yuppie neighborhoods popping up. The traffis is a disaster. I don't mind telling you how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana