Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 02:47 PM

29 posts, read 51,082 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the lake Charles area and I'm wondering what type of jobs are there in the area....I work in customer service now but I'm willing to change that for something new....are the better jobs in areas outside of lake Charles? Any advice is welcome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 07:09 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,058,150 times
I assume you are moving due to family reasons as there isn't much of a reason to move there without a job lined up.

Do you have any skills, education, or experience outside of customer service?

Lake Charles has bunches of retail or hospitality jobs for "unskilled" and the oil/gas industry has a decent foothold in the area. Fort Polk is 50+ miles north and has a bunch of contract part time jobs as well.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:33 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Get a TWIC card if you want to make money. Plant work is a plenty

Old 08-13-2018, 11:15 AM

370 posts, read 446,803 times
IMPORTANT WARNING: Rent in Lake Charles is insane! So many temporary construction workers are here that the hotels are full and apartment complexes are full too. As a result, landlords are charging over $800 for a run down two bedroom trailer in a broken down trailer park in Lake Charles.

If you are serious about coming here then the only jobs that really pay are plant work.

The ideal Lake Charles Job Candidate has:
1) TWIC card
2) Safety Council BLC card
3) Valid CDL Driver's License
4) HVAC experience
5) Welding A craft or better.

If you are an A craft or better insulator with scaffolding certifications then we desperately need you!

Here is just one of the industrial employers in Lake Charles:

Waste Management Job Opportunities: Sulphur, LA, Texas City, Port Neches, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana