U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 08:56 AM

444 posts, read 225,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
If Trump builds it, I hope Lousianna makes a state maintained bypass for it, heck - even 1 lane each way because it is better to sit in that heaping mess than to sit on one of Trumps promises as it crumbles into Lake Charles below you.
Yeah. I don't see a new bridge any time soon. Word is there is environmental damage to the water below the current bridge and no parties want any part of discovering it/cleaning it up. The damage is from the local industries spills/leaks from piping into the water... Like opening yet another can of worms. I have a feeling the I-210 bridge project will be done long before a new I-10 bridge is begun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 06:21 PM

2,983 posts, read 2,669,788 times
This is one of MANY highway upgrades that LC needs.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:39 PM

I'm just dying for the I-210 bridge to be back to two lanes in each direction...

Old 07-31-2019, 05:40 AM

2,983 posts, read 2,669,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I'm just dying for the I-210 bridge to be back to two lanes in each direction...
Construction is never convenient, but it needs to be done. I'll be happy too once it's complete.

Old 07-31-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Construction is never convenient, but it needs to be done. I'll be happy too once it's complete.
Correct.

Looks like they are making solid progress, but who knows how much longer until the project is complete?

Old 08-24-2019, 08:41 AM

182 posts, read 444,131 times
After about 6 months, they are halfway done with the Interstate 2-10 bridge. So they are basically on schedule.

Old 08-26-2019, 03:20 PM

359 posts, read 299,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtcg View Post
After about 6 months, they are halfway done with the Interstate 2-10 bridge. So they are basically on schedule.

The good news is the traffic has subsided as temporary workers leave the area as Westlake Petro, Sasol, Cheniere LNG and Cameron LNG have all reached the final stages of work.

Indorama Ventures looks like they will keep building for the next year as their burn off of chemicals from their pipes could not cover up the operational issues.

When they are done, all the other mega projects in Lake Charles will begin because their funding will magically appear. Investors like pouring money into new LNG facilities after they have seen the market become saturated with competition.

https://www.allianceswla.org/clientu...a_Projects.pdf

Old 08-30-2019, 08:04 AM

^Hope you're right, man. Seems like the temporary workers will be here forever. I think once the I-210 bridge construction is completed, there will be noticeably less traffic. I'm tired of it all also. But then again, as you point out, plant expansion projects are popping up everywhere, so it's not like the infux of contractors will be gone for good any time soon.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:31 AM

359 posts, read 299,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
^Hope you're right, man. Seems like the temporary workers will be here forever. I think once the I-210 bridge construction is completed, there will be noticeably less traffic. I'm tired of it all also. But then again, as you point out, plant expansion projects are popping up everywhere, so it's not like the infux of contractors will be gone for good any time soon.

The signs of temporary worker departure are everywhere:

1) New loans are down according to recent discussions with local mortgage company in Lake Charles this week.
2) Sheriff's foreclosure auctions are having multiple properties with no bid in past month.
3) Multiple RV parks across Calcasieu Parish have over 50% vacancy now.
4) No new, big plant construction projects have started in the past 3 months.
5) Many rent houses and apartments are available now with lower rates than the past year, if not more.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:48 AM

Going to be a good market for home buyers in a few years. Maybe even a housing market crash? Now is the time to sell, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or