U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2019, 09:00 AM
 
455 posts, read 228,406 times
Reputation: 312

Advertisements

There are several parishes in north Louisiana that are very, very poor. They are fairly liberal - East Carroll, Tensas, Madison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2019, 09:21 AM
 
Location: between three Great Lakes.
1,999 posts, read 2,191,554 times
Reputation: 6985
"Liberals need to stop bringing their influence into highly conservative areas and ruining them like they have in so many other areas around the US!"

Actually, this is going to keep happening until the troglodytes in the South die off completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2019, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Denver
14,439 posts, read 20,930,381 times
Reputation: 9376
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
There are several parishes in north Louisiana that are very, very poor. They are fairly liberal - East Carroll, Tensas, Madison.
I wouldn't call those places liberal. Voting blue doesn't necessarily correlate to liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2019, 05:59 PM
 
455 posts, read 228,406 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I wouldn't call those places liberal. Voting blue doesn't necessarily correlate to liberal.
Why not? They are poor with a lot of poverty. The people are voting for change, not the same old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2019, 10:47 PM
 
Location: Denver
14,439 posts, read 20,930,381 times
Reputation: 9376
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Why not? They are poor with a lot of poverty. The people are voting for change, not the same old.
I guess you're trying to be funny but those people aren't voting for change. North east Louisiana is conservative just like the south. Just because they're black and vote blue doesn't mean they are liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2019, 09:38 AM
 
3,808 posts, read 5,392,912 times
Reputation: 4047
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I guess you're trying to be funny but those people aren't voting for change. North east Louisiana is conservative just like the south. Just because they're black and vote blue doesn't mean they are liberal.
Yes - they may be liberal on economic issues like national health care, minimum wage, and spending on entitlements.....but conservative on social issues such as same-sex marriage, prayer in schools, and against gun control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2019, 10:38 AM
 
455 posts, read 228,406 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Yes - they may be liberal on economic issues like national health care, minimum wage, and spending on entitlements.....but conservative on social issues such as same-sex marriage, prayer in schools, and against gun control.
Exactly what I meant, thank you. My apology for lack of clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2019, 07:40 AM
 
Location: annandale, va & slidell, la
9,226 posts, read 3,830,293 times
Reputation: 8370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
"Liberals need to stop bringing their influence into highly conservative areas and ruining them like they have in so many other areas around the US!"

Actually, this is going to keep happening until the troglodytes in the South die off completely.
Clearly you dont know how serious we are about rebuffing destructive liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2019, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
10,062 posts, read 10,318,485 times
Reputation: 7168
What contributes to Caddo Parish’s blue leanings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2019, 06:48 AM
 
54,086 posts, read 48,789,198 times
Reputation: 16822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What contributes to Caddo Parish’s blue leanings?
A very large Black population and a sizable Hispanic population. That and Shreveport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top