U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 786 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a job in Mandeville, Louisiana but I've had little to zero luck in the past 5 years since I graduated highschool in 2015. I've tried all types of applications, online and physical. I've tried talking with people and making connections but to no avail. Nobody wants to hire me and I've even offered the employers a bargain by reducing the wage set for me.

I've literally been walking around the town on the streets, hence my name, for a very long time now trying to find someone who would hire me but nobody wants to. What gives? Why don't any of you want to hire me?

This is very frustrating, Mandeville, and I'm about to get kicked out by my father because I am incapable of finding a job despite trying my hardest.

Do you mind explaining to me, Mandeville, why you don't want to hire me? I'm at a loss here. And yes I'm asking the whole city this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 03:12 PM

359 posts, read 299,875 times
Louisiana Workforce Commission provides a great source of jobs available and you can register leaving your resume online for future employers.

Please consider registering and let us know if it helps you.

List of Online Services - Louisiana Workforce Commission

Old 12-05-2019, 05:23 PM

1,093 posts, read 632,541 times
You probably need to leave home to get a job, This is not necessarily a bad thing; it would broaden your horizons. There may be nothing for you in your home town. I would consider joining the Military, Reserves or Louisiana National Guard. No offense against you, the market for jobs is probably elsewhere.

If you do not want to take this advice, consider volunteering somewhere in Town. This also may lead to full time employment.
Would you consider health care? You can get some training and get employed a the local hospital. There are also other approaches- see https://catalog.northshorecollege.edu/programs-study/

What I am saying is that you will probably need to get some additional training if you want to stay in town.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:53 AM

4,291 posts, read 3,609,885 times
I have a hard time believing the OP. Five years? Theres several McDonalds in Mandeville; I have never heard of a McDonalds not hiring someone. Anyone truly wanting a job can find one.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:45 PM

355 posts, read 139,267 times
I am sure the local Walmart is hiring. Or Target? Or a supermarket?
I also find this hard to believe.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:19 PM

26 posts, read 11,894 times
Damn. What you said brought me back to being 18-20 not being able to find anything anywhere despite all this pressure from family about "finding jobs", as if they grow on trees.

Luckily I expanded my search worldwide now, and stopped talking to them as well

Old 12-10-2019, 11:40 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,589,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by townsman View Post
I'm trying to find a job in Mandeville, Louisiana but I've had little to zero luck in the past 5 years since I graduated highschool in 2015. I've tried all types of applications, online and physical. I've tried talking with people and making connections but to no avail. Nobody wants to hire me and I've even offered the employers a bargain by reducing the wage set for me.

I've literally been walking around the town on the streets, hence my name, for a very long time now trying to find someone who would hire me but nobody wants to. What gives? Why don't any of you want to hire me?

This is very frustrating, Mandeville, and I'm about to get kicked out by my father because I am incapable of finding a job despite trying my hardest.

Do you mind explaining to me, Mandeville, why you don't want to hire me? I'm at a loss here. And yes I'm asking the whole city this question.
What do you think the reason is that "nobody" wants to hire you? Is there something about you or your past that you don't want to tell? You say nothing about yourself in your op only that you graduated high school and nobody has wanted to hire you in 4 years time. Unemployment is the lowest it's ever been. You're in your early 20's. You should be able to find a job. If not Mandeville, look in other towns. Slidell, New Orleans and its suburbs are not all that far from Mandeville. You can surely find a job in one of those towns.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 12-10-2019 at 12:12 PM..

Old 12-10-2019, 11:42 AM

5,250 posts, read 5,162,162 times
Join the army, navy, whatever There's your job.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:26 PM

2,340 posts, read 521,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled2015 View Post
I am sure the local Walmart is hiring. Or Target? Or a supermarket?
I also find this hard to believe.

I find it hard to believe that some people think Walmart, Target, and McDonald's have enough spots and are willing to hire every single person who walks in and applies for a job there. They do not. There are a number of reasons why someone would not be qualified enough to work at those places.

Old 12-10-2019, 12:27 PM

2,340 posts, read 521,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
What do you think the reason is that "nobody" wants to hire you? Is there something about you or your past that you don't want to tell? You say nothing about yourself in your op only that you graduated high school and nobody has wanted to hire you in 4 years time. Unemployment is the lowest it's ever been. You're in your early 20's. You should be able to find a job. If not Mandeville, look in other towns. Slidell, New Orleans and its suburbs are not all that far from Mandeville. You can surely find a job in one of those towns.

I cannot speak for the OP, but I can name plenty of reasons why someone cannot find an employer willing to hire them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or