Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,698 times

Advertisements

I would like to know what the average rate for rent is... And what schools are the best... I was hoping New Orleans, or Baton Rouge. Maybe some other small town.

I'd appreciate a small town, I'm not a big city person.

How old do you have to be rent, or get a job waitressing in Louisiana.

Thanks,
Kassie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 08:30 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy 808 View Post
I would like to know what the average rate for rent is... And what schools are the best... I was hoping New Orleans, or Baton Rouge. Maybe some other small town.

I'd appreciate a small town, I'm not a big city person.

How old do you have to be rent, or get a job waitressing in Louisiana.

Thanks,
Kassie.
Kassie
I think you only have to be 18 to rent and work in Louisiana (please correct me on this one anybody if I'm wrong). I don't think you can work in a place that serves alcohol until you are 21. I'm not sure, but I think thats right. At least I can say I was 18 when I first rented an apartment.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:49 AM

768 posts, read 4,385,445 times
New Orleans isn't a small town.

But the question here is WHY do you want to move here? Tell us more so we can help.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM

9 posts, read 93,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Kassie
I think you only have to be 18 to rent and work in Louisiana (please correct me on this one anybody if I'm wrong). I don't think you can work in a place that serves alcohol until you are 21. I'm not sure, but I think thats right. At least I can say I was 18 when I first rented an apartment.
You can get a liquor liscense at the age of 17, 16 if you work at a grocery store I believe.

Consider the following schools if you want a small town:
Nicholls State (Thibodaux)
Northwestern State (Nachitoches)
Univ Louisiana - Munroe
Louisiana Tech (Ruston)
McNeese St. (Lake Charles)

Lake Charles is bigger than the rest substantially. Nicholls, McNeese, and Nachitoches would have you closer to larger towns/areas.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:38 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,018,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nny View Post
You can get a liquor liscense at the age of 17, 16 if you work at a grocery store I believe.

Consider the following schools if you want a small town:
Nicholls State (Thibodaux)
Northwestern State (Nachitoches)
Univ Louisiana - Munroe
Louisiana Tech (Ruston)
McNeese St. (Lake Charles)

Lake Charles is bigger than the rest substantially. Nicholls, McNeese, and Nachitoches would have you closer to larger towns/areas.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Until recently one had to buy liquor at a liquor store in SBC-well maybe since the 80's liquor has been sold at Kroger, most recetnly at Brookshires. We still don't sell at gas stations; just beer only. Didn't mean to get off topic. I'm pretty sure you have to be 21 to work in a liquor store.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,832 times
Default small town

Hello

I live in Houston but if I had my way ,I would live in Breaux Bridge or Laf.

It is the crawfish capital and the people are real nice .

There is a university in laf. they are real close the two cities.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana