Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 AM

92 posts, read 468,143 times

Advertisements

My husband is already working in Ft. Polk so the family is separated. We are left behind trying to sell a hosue in FL. The problem is the FL. market is dead and the one in Alexandria is not-people there are not giving away their homes! I was there one week to narrow down an area for us if/when we get to join him. My son picked out Oakhill High School in HIneston becuase he liked the small rural country Kids school. I chose Kincade lake area right off hwy 28 for easy access to Ft. Polk and Hineston. But, it is an expensive area! I am trying to crunch numbers and wondering if we could find something in Woodworth (I liked that area too) but I am afraid it is going to be too far away for both of them. Any ideas on that? How long will it take for both? Any quicker ways to get to Ft. Polk without going back to hwy 28??? HELP!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 10:49 AM

283 posts, read 1,281,750 times
Yes, there are ways from Woodworth to Ft Polk other than Hwy 28. You need to get yourself a MAP or try this online map site MSN Maps & Directions. Using it I can see routes from Woodworth (head south toward Glenmora and then westward to Ft Polk). to Ft Polk is "about 58 miles" from Woodworth using this route.

Would it not be a good idea to RENT until you can find a place you like to buy? Surely there are houses in Leesville for rent.

Take a look at this (city-data) web site for information on Woodworth.
//www.city-data.com/city/Woodworth-Louisiana.html

Personally, I think you could get a LOT closer to Ft Polk than Woodworth. Good Luck.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM

92 posts, read 468,143 times
I have mapquested it and it seems like he is going to have to get back on hwy. 28 to get to Ft. Polk. However, my son went around to all the schools and really liked Oakhill (a small rural school) We went ahead and did an out of zone for there, which had to be done in April, and he got accepted. So, we dont want to get too far from there either. I liked the Alexandria area, or the outskirts, becuase there were stores, etc.. in the area. However, with the price of gas and needing to get to Ft. Polk everyday... Ugghh......We also looked around for rentals-very slim pickins! Especially with a big dog! Very slim pickins indeed! You all are certainly not feeling the real estate slug there. The inventory of housing for sale/rent was so small. We are in FL. where every other house is for sale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana