Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,191 times

Advertisements

Hey there guys! My husband just received a job offer from an oil company that has operations in Lafayette. He will be working out of Broussard. We will be moving by the end of the month from WV and will basically have to find someplace to live on the internet before leaving, preferably near Broussard, but waiting the sign the lease until we have looked through the place. Can anyone suggest a nice complex that isn't super expensive? We would like to keep the rent under $1000 per month for a two bedroom apartment in a safe area near at least a grocery store (given the price of gas). Maybe I just have sticker shock because you hardly EVER see rent higher than $750 a month even for a super-nice 2 bedroom in WV...we also don't have a very strong economy so you take the good with the bad. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 02:08 AM

474 posts, read 1,417,253 times
I haven't lived in Lafayette in many years, but I think the Broussard area is a nice area. If you aren't getting any responses from this forum - go to apartment guides for Lafayette. OR, you might want to check with the human resources department where you husband will be working and see what type of apartment complexes they might/could recommend in the vicinity. Good luck.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:35 PM

25 posts, read 94,906 times
I just posted here.

Van Eaton & Romero site should get you started. There are not many rentals(apartments) in Broussard as the city is currently under a major expansion and the town was very country up until 5 years ago. It would probably be easier to find a home to rent. If you want to be close to a grocery store you will want to look at near the intersection of Albertson's Pkwy (yeah, we named the street after a grocery store) and the Evangeline Thrwy (commonly referred to as Hwy 90). This location currently has a grocery store and a major strip mall, movie theater, Starbucks, Home depot. Plus they are building a Wal Mart and will soon add more restaurants in this area. Broussard is a very quite area and I think you will find it safe and pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana