Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 02:35 PM

19 posts, read 119,457 times

Advertisements

I definitely recommend the West Monroe area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,998 times
stay away from south 5th street in west monroe along with montgomery ave and coleman...these are very bad areas. do not stop at any of the gas stations along these roads either. There have been increased crime in the areas such as drugs. Jackson st.,..well lets just say all of south monroe is ghetto, I do not recommend driving through these areas during the day either.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 PM

3 posts, read 11,294 times
Can anyone recommend any community colleges? I've been searching on the internet and haven't been able to come across many.. We're debating moving there from Arizona and I want to see if I can transfer before we decide to go. Thanks for your help!

Old 01-22-2010, 03:41 AM

420 posts, read 479,062 times
There are plenty of vocational, trade, technical and community colleges here. The brand new Delta Community College location (I-20 in Monroe) should be finished by the fall, but their current location ULM campus is still holding classes which are always jammed pack. But....with the new location it should be a lot more roomy...!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 5,757 times
My husband and I are relocating to Monroe due to his job this year as well. We will be moving from Rockwall, Texas (just east of Dallas) and have yet to find and area I am really that crazy about. We have looked in the West Monroe area, along with Sterlington. It seems so different than the area we are moving from. And like you have to really watch the location you are moving to(seems like you have to watch schools, crime and resale). I have not heard great things about the school system. I looked at one private school (River Oaks) and they seemed ok. My childeren have always gone to public and I dont know if they would like public school. I think it would be a BIG change for my 13 year old. Im curious as to where you picked? Are you happy with your choice? I am so confused as to what area to move to!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana