Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,209 times

Advertisements

Hi there, I'm looking to join my Husband for the rest of the year in Pineville. He's working out there at the Rodemacher Power Plant. I'm curious as to any local Farmers Markets, Flea Markets and/or places to purchase Homemade Baked Goods. Also, interested in Festivals, Gardening and learning to knit Any info I can look online for to get notices about events that would be comming up would be great. I heard of a local there that makes homemade Tamales located somewhere by a classic car restoration on the highway that connects Pineville to Ball. Anyone know about this??

Thanks so much in advance for any and all info!

Kathy in Georgia
[mod] edit [/mod]

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-30-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: never a good idea to put your email on the internet...use the direct message feature instead - thanks! Sam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 04:41 PM

11 posts, read 34,353 times
I hope you were contacted privately. I'm no expert on Pineville, but I have spent some time there. It is a quiet place, but they do have a bluegrass/gospel festival every year down in Hickory Grove, a Farmer's Market downtown on Saturdays, and other little events. They even have a small Mardi Gras parade. You can try the Town Talk site for some info. thetowntalk.com | The Town Talk | Alexandria news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Alexandria, LA Or maybe even meetup.com. might clue you in to a knitting club.

Last edited by crawfishandoysters; 08-08-2008 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: bad grammar

Old 08-09-2008, 06:52 AM

63 posts, read 279,519 times
I am joining my husband in Oct. in Alex and have been wondering these same things. I have heard of Cotile Lake days, but can't find a date-even online. If someone would pipe in here I would love this info. too. I am looking forward to a change of seasons and festivals and a whole different way of life-like buying farmers market foods, gospel festival sounds great, trade days, etc....

Old 08-11-2008, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,126 times
Default You'll love Pineville

Check out http://www.pineville.net - City of Pineville, Louisiana

Last edited by Sam I Am; 08-11-2008 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: removed URL tags

Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,848 times
I am sorry to tell you that i have been stuck here for five excruciatingly long long years and have yet to find a constant farmers market, a flea market that doesn't sell something other thant junk or a crafter's fair that isn't located outside of Alexandria/Pineville(two small towns seperated by a river). People are rather clickish and it is very hard for outsiders to try to fit in. Southern hospitality only extends to those that they know are leaving. if you show signs of staying you become an infiltrator and the hospitality goes away...far away. if you don't drink, fish, hunt or belong to a tight pentacostal church, you won't find anything like what you are looking for. all you can hope for is for time to fly by and get out as soon as you can. God willing that will be this coming spring for us-thank the Lord!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana