Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 AM

794 posts, read 3,351,164 times

Advertisements

Wow. DId you just see the rescue in the Industrial Canal. Live on FOX news, I just happened to be flipping! That was nuts.
Oh wow, he was Corps and actually swam out into the water to brace that vessel so it wouldn't hit the levee wall. I bet that guy doesn't get paid enough. Bravo!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 09:29 AM

1,383 posts, read 3,427,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylwi View Post
Wow. DId you just see the rescue in the Industrial Canal. Live on FOX news, I just happened to be flipping! That was nuts.
Oh wow, he was Corps and actually swam out into the water to brace that vessel so it wouldn't hit the levee wall. I bet that guy doesn't get paid enough. Bravo!!!
OMG! I just saw that! That was crazy!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 AM

4 posts, read 8,937 times
I have a sister-in-law who live in Lockport. She told me 15 min ago that the hospital lost it's roof from the storm.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,621,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I just want to say I hope everyone gets out of the danger zone in one piece

For the record: my state (Arizona) is also sending emergency crews to help the Louisiana authorities in dealing with the (hopefully nonexistent) aftermath.
Yes I saw that on the news last night, Red Cross workers from AZ will be spending three weeks in the Louisiana.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 AM

Default Hospital in Lockport loses it's roof to the storm

Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juleck17 View Post
I have a sister-in-law who live in Lockport. She told me 15 min ago that the hospital lost it's roof from the storm.
Wow.

There are a lot of trees down here already and we haven't gotten to the worst of it here yet. My power has flashed three times already this morning, the longest about 15 minutes. Each time it's come back on, but luck can only last so long.

I head NOPD caught a looter already. Wow. No shame. Hope he goes to the big house like Nagin promised.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:00 AM

Local WAFB has recruited some Arizona meterologist to go outside and take pictures of damage around town here. He's loving this hurricane I'm sure.
There is some pretty good damage around town so far.
And I just had the biggest bang on my roof. I can't see what it was, so I guess it landed right on the top. I'll go check it out later.
Government street has downed power lines across it. From looking at things, I'm guessing there are a lot of power outages across the city by now.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:32 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,002,426 times
Looks like the worst may be done and over here in Slidell. Just a couple large limbs down from what I can see. Sure wish I could see TV, but don't want to start the generator until later when it gets hot and frige needs it. Won't see power for at least 24 hours; more than likely more. Shutting down computer again to conserve batt. Good luck to those west of here!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:34 AM

Local news said the center has turned more northward for now so that may give us worse weather than we though. The bands associated with the center of circulation are just beginning to get here. We should get some rough stuff for the next hour or two. Hopefully by afternoon, it's mostly over minus the lingering rain.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylwi View Post
Local WAFB has recruited some Arizona meterologist to go outside and take pictures of damage around town here. He's loving this hurricane I'm sure.
There is some pretty good damage around town so far.
And I just had the biggest bang on my roof. I can't see what it was, so I guess it landed right on the top. I'll go check it out later.
Government street has downed power lines across it. From looking at things, I'm guessing there are a lot of power outages across the city by now.
How are things now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana