Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 07:23 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,385 times

Advertisements

Me too Ali! For K I evacuated with these stupid fish and they kept falling over when I'd put on the breaks and there I was scrambling around in the car trying to put those betas back in the bowls. I'm not sure but I think a few people were looking at me like I'd escaped from the 3rd floor of Charity. I've got stuff in probably 6 different houses, (other people's that is) and here we are on the cusp of finishing the house and bam, here comes G. Oh well whatcha gonna do? Comes with the territory.

Aw thanks to all well wishers! Here's to hoping that this potential tiger turns into a witty bitty kitten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM

197 posts, read 605,010 times
We're shaking in our flip flops in Florida too. I'm near Destin/Pensacola, and I am worried. We just got Fay out of here, now here comes Gustav. At least we're already packed. The only thing we didn't do was board up. If this one comes here, we'll board up. Big prayers for all of us. I hope it turns into a witty bitty kitty too! Stay safe everyone, evacuate early. I actually hope this this storm steers clear of NOLA and Gulfport, MS more than anywhere else. You guys just don't need this at all!!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:58 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,470 times
I don't wish this storm on anyone, but New Orleans can't afford to have another direct hit by a large hurricane. The city still has not fully rebounded from Katrina. I lived in a New Orleans suburb for 14 years and still have relatives in Louisiana, so I still have emotional ties to New Orleans and Louisiana. I pray that the storm goes elsewhere.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:15 PM

Just had to pop in after the 10Pm news. Channel 4's Carl Arredondo(sp) is now predicting cat 2 at landfall. Starting to feel better, (crossing fingers).

Old 08-27-2008, 09:33 PM

258 posts, read 1,020,490 times
My roommate has been watching radar like a psycho.

We're trying to secure the compound in case we've got to leave town.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:56 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,539,668 times
Cat 2...Wasn't Katrina a Cat 3? I think it would be a good idea to treat as such and be extra safe regardless of the number.
Stay safe!

Old 08-28-2008, 06:28 AM

464 posts, read 1,741,309 times
Isnt 'staying safe' evacuating now , since it is imminent (future Huuricane) Gustav is going to hit New Orleans or close to it ? After Katrina, I cant imagine anyone staying to ride it out.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:12 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,402 times
I hope this doesn't become a reality for any of us! I hope everyone has plans, depending on where they are. I don't like to panic about these things but it's a little scary. Please stay safe.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Cat 2...Wasn't Katrina a Cat 3? I think it would be a good idea to treat as such and be extra safe regardless of the number.
Stay safe!
Mama I am thrilled about a cat 2 because it gives us a better chance of coming back to something instead of nothing like last time. Don't worry about me staying, lol, I'm being thrown out. No choice in the matter.

Sadly, my Rambo neighbor insists she's gonna stay. She's had a "special" room built for hurricanes and flooding All we can do is wish her luck. I will say that Ms. Rambo did pull 3 other neighbors out of their flooded homes and put them up on top of a car until some guys in the FD came by on a boat to collect them a couple days later. So I gotta say if someone has a shot it's Ms. Rambo. Sigh, there'll always be a diehard.

Please DO NOT follow Ms. Rambo's example. Hubby is a first responder and it would be really nice if he didn't have to go without food, water, sleep and clothing, (they gave their dry stuff to the kids), this time around.

Last edited by Drouzin; 08-28-2008 at 07:36 AM..

Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,138,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Mama I am thrilled about a cat 2 because it gives us a better chance of coming back to something instead of nothing like last time. Don't worry about me staying, lol, I'm being thrown out. No choice in the matter.
I certainly hope there'll be something for you to go back to! You don't need to go through that again, for sure! I wouldn't wish all that on anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana