U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,390 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Alexandria, LA soon. I am looking for an apartment. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 12:44 AM

21 posts, read 78,749 times
Go to www.thetowntalk.com and look in the classifieds section. Don't go to apt guide, go to the left where all classifieds are. Click on the last in the list, then rentals - and go from there. There are about 30 rentals total that I saw yesterday. Good LucK!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 4,178 times
I will be relocating to Alexandria as well starting the first of the year.. I'll be down there this week trying to find a place to rent for now and buy later on in the year.. thetowntalk has some good listings but if there are any locals on here that know of some hidden gems please let me know. My job doesn't have me tied down to specifically Alex so I'm open to surrounding areas.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:05 AM

10 posts, read 39,218 times
I live in "alec" presently at Beau Terre apartments. They are nice. You have to watch, they get a bit pricey and from what i hear take you for all you're worth when you move out (which i'll find out about soon). There are other complexes in town that are nice, depends on what you're looking for. I would say cost wise u'r looking around 600 for a nice 2 bedroom...give or take for more or less rooms/quality. I have found that renting houses here is difficult. Not the greatest quality for the price and you pay for the better areas. I would say to look above McArthur drive/Jackson st. extension area for safer areas if you want to be actually 'in town'. outside of town i don't know much about. Pineville is nice from what i've seen, but apartment complex wise not as updated. You can get an apartment guide at any of the local gas stations that lists most of the complexes in the area. I also think you can find many of them online on different apartment pages.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:11 AM

10 posts, read 39,218 times
Some names of other complexes that are nice:
rosewood
pecan grove
magnolia trace - more expensive but very nice and new
There is one right off of Jackson street ext. that is nice (kind of castle-like) i can't think of the name, but it's nice. They have a sister complex across the road/behind Walgreens that also nice.
Beau Terre is nice, just a little scandelous
...side note: all of these charge HIGH pet fees like 400-450$ per pet (rediculous!)
Hope this helps!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:03 PM

7 posts, read 20,483 times
I live in pineville in a nice 3 (could be four if we wanted) bedroom brick home. Very GREAT landlord and my rents only $650. Dont go to any apartments unless absolutely nessesary because they are not worth the money they ask. Also, try the 'thrifty nickle' its free, comes out every thursday and usually has decent rent houses

Old 01-18-2009, 03:04 PM

7 posts, read 20,483 times
Oh, Btw we did get pretty lucky when I found this house. If youre planning on buying soon, dont get too picky on the shape of the house, remember youre just renting lol

Old 08-23-2009, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,497 times
We are looking to relocate to the Alexandria/ Pineville area around the first of the year we have 3 children 6,9, and 12 we would like to find all of the schools pretty close together if possible, and we have a small dog so we might rent before buying a home. But we can not find any info on any rental property. We are leaning towards the Pineville area or possible Deville area, I prefer the country personally. If anyone has any suggestions my family would surely appreciate it very much. Thank You.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:03 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,337,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drp1127 View Post
We are looking to relocate to the Alexandria/ Pineville area around the first of the year we have 3 children 6,9, and 12 we would like to find all of the schools pretty close together if possible, and we have a small dog so we might rent before buying a home. But we can not find any info on any rental property. We are leaning towards the Pineville area or possible Deville area, I prefer the country personally. If anyone has any suggestions my family would surely appreciate it very much. Thank You.
Pineville schools would be your best bet (JI Barron, Pineville Jr. High, and Pineville High), but Deville schools would probably be OK. The elementary, middle, and high school in Deville are all right by each other, whereas in Pineville they are a bit farther apart.

The local newspaper, The Town Talk, has some rental listings but doesn't seem to cover everything. The area just got a Craigslist site labeled Central Louisiana. I'm not sure if much has been posted yet on this site.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana