U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 04:38 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,370,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurmike View Post
how come nobody ever mentions black racist groups? is it politically incorrect? As a white should i feel personally guilty because others are racist? What about race baiters, like jesse and big al, who turned our state into a laughingstock, and subverted our whole judicial system? Where were all the militant whites during the Jena six? Media hype!
As long as there are groups like this, the KKK has nothing to worry about. They often preach it from the pulpit of the black congregations. You know, like the church B. Hussein went to with Jeremiah Wright. The one that the media did everything to squelch. You know, the one where B. Hussein donated $50K dollars to?

Last edited by 1979; 11-25-2008 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 05:46 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,636,559 times
What bad memories did this invoke? This was a good thing. They did not kill somebody because of their race. How is that not good? Shows they are disorganized and do not attract intelligent people like they did for decades. Only the die hard ignorant fools still subscribe to their hatred.

Black gang member kill more blacks per year than the KKK has killed in its history more than likely.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:09 PM

14 posts, read 46,059 times
The right-wing racists are coming out in droves, projecting their own vile hate they find shameful onto "black congregations" (as if all "black congregations" monolithicially expouse the same ideology -- this ain't talk radio; Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Bill Cunningham, and Michael Savage need not apply), Jeremiah Wright, and "B. Hussein" (it's Barack Hussein Obama, Jr., btw, if you going to say his whole name for effect, do it right. Also, it's Swahili, not Arabic in case you didn't know).

Ravaging beyond all of your right-wing rhetoric, riddle me this Robin and see if your brain is capable of though beyond regurgitating talking points from Ann Coulter and company:

Proudce, scour, google any concrete evidence in which Barack Hussein Obama, Junior; Jeremiah Wright; and the "black congregations" you find so worthy of your disdain and spite spoked, acted, advocated -- implicitly or explicitly -- anything equivalent* (this is important) to the horrors and evils acted upon by 150-plus-year existance of the Klan and I'll ban myself from this message board, meet you personally and shake your hand. Real talk.

*And by equivalent, I don't mean lofty evocations of America to the KKK, nor the damming of our Nation by God. That won't fly with me. I know the difference.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:04 PM

14 posts, read 46,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
What bad memories did this invoke?
The invocation of the memories are bad because they reinforce stigmas of Louisiana and the "Deep South" back to the post-Reconstruction/Civil Rights eras. The nooses, the burning crosses, the police brutality (the hosing, the gassing, nightstick beatings) are conjured up in the consciousness of Americans all over with every report and follow-up by CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, PBS -- you know, the "liberal" media (whatever that means ). This, in effect, portrays Louisiana in state of transgression, intolerance, disunity -- characteristics that shaped the stigmas of days past.

Already struggling with recovery from Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Gustav, and Ike, such invocation is counterinituitive in eyes of the good people of Louisiana who desire change and progress, real or precieved -- it doesn't matter. Any effort, intentional or not, that comprises said desire is met with hostility, denial, projection, disdain, diversion, etc. -- like the posts of some of the members here.

Instead of acknowledging the reality that such groups still exist (no matter how small of a number) and using this opportunity to engage in a healthy discourse of our problems, differences, disagreements, values, ideas, etc. in an effort to come together, some (emphasis on some) would rather finger-point, removing any culpability of the undenialble evil of the act and its perpetautors. What they fail to understand is that, in itself, is counterinituitive.

Quote:
This was a good thing.
Only because they got caught, not because of the idoicy in their approach. I hope you understand the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana