U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,252,383 times

Advertisements

Does any one know if there is supposed to be another Water park in the works? My friend heard a rumor that Livingston Parish is getting one some time in the near future. I love Blue Bayou, but last year there were-umm-too many ghetto type people there with their obnoxious families that I may not get passes again this year. It is supposed to be a family water park with no baggy pants etc, but I felt like we were in a ghetto last year! Anyone have any real information???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 05:09 PM

21 posts, read 93,975 times
Move to a better state that also has a theme park! mY brother lives in Pennsylvania now, no baggy pants ghetto types there,(except in Philadelphia), they have Hershey Park!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Oh, I do love Louisiana-that is not the problem! Thing is, no ghetto types were here until after Katrina hit-although I hear that from many people from all over the country being that 250 thousand people are now living elsewhere. I used to really like Blue Bayou, but not too much anymore. Louisiana has so much to offer, I just wish some of the people here were a little more educated I guess!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,068,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
I just wish some of the people here were a little more educated I guess!
So do I, but I wouldn't expect to find them at the water park.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 AM

929 posts, read 2,440,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post

I don't know about that. Educated people like to have fun too. So I have heard. lol...

Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,068,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
I don't know about that. Educated people like to have fun too. So I have heard. lol...
At the water park?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I would think that with the hefty price, more middle class type people would be there. I don't know how some people afford Blue Bayou, especially with 5 kids! Educated or not, there are quite a few lower class people in baton Rouge and all over Louisiana-so I hear!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:24 AM

794 posts, read 3,066,399 times
Quote:
I would think that with the hefty price, more middle class type people would be there. I don't know how some people afford Blue Bayou, especially with 5 kids! Educated or not, there are quite a few lower class people in baton Rouge and all over Louisiana-so I hear!
Don't they have coupons out on coke cans and newspapers and on tv all the time? That's probably why.

Whatever happened to proposed waterpark ideas in Rayne and Livingston? I didn't really think anything would come out of them anyway.
If you want fun, take a weekend and go to Schliterbahn in Texas. It's worth it.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Thanks for replies.darlywi,where is this place you mentioned? I would love to check it out-is is pretty nice?

Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM

794 posts, read 3,066,399 times
Quote:
Thanks for replies.darlywi,where is this place you mentioned? I would love to check it out-is is pretty nice?
www.schlitterbahn.com

Their main park is in New Braunfels over in central Texas, on I-35 between SA and Austin. It is set up along side a creek bank so it's constructed in fairly natural surroundings although it's in the middle of town.
They also have a smaller park in Galveston now, but it may still be shut down because of Ike. The main park is well worth the trip and that part of Texas is pretty nice. It's about 7.5 hours to San Antonio or Austin, depending on how you drive. You can also get off I-10 on TX 46 at Seguin (pronounced Sa-geen), but I'm usually either in Austin or San Antonio anyway, and then I would just travel up or down 35.
It's not really a trip you would take every weekend, but it's pretty easy enough to make maybe two times in a summer (perhaps early June and again in late July or August). I've driven to Austin and back three times in one summer before, and its not a bad drive although I know many people would find driving through Houston to be hectic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or