Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 PM

91 posts, read 256,470 times

Advertisements

oh sorry it not there no more. Guess he took it down oh well there still some seasoning reciepes there to uses. They good too. I used them before. if you find the first book tony Chacheres maded his reciepe is in the book. That a fact I do know.
here the new link to it
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf14071411.tip.html
just google it and there it was

Last edited by jocko500; 09-19-2010 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: misspelled words and typeo's and find link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 03:51 PM

121 posts, read 313,936 times

Don't expect too much of the people from south Louisiana, especially if they were born and raised there. They've never been exposed to anything else, but South Louisiana traditions. They are rude and will try to dominate you. And please don't expect a warm smile or "good morning", unless you've grown up or lived there most of your life. They actually believe that there's something owed to them other than just to breath. Most north Louisianans are more pleasant, but still limited in their views of the world in general.

This is opposite of anything I have EVER been told, seen and experienced. Really? WOW!

Last edited by PRenee; 09-29-2010 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-29-2010, 04:52 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
you know, Louisianians have cars and go other places too. I know thats hard to believe...I mean, we all wrestle alligators and eat raccoons, so we probably cant drive.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM

91 posts, read 256,470 times
prene is right on the money about that. we what you see the goverment promises of "we take care of you from the time you born till you die" what a rude awakeing the people in New orlearns had as it flooded and the goverment did not help them or Read the other storm that hit southwest louisiana . people still not home from them storms I about a lot of them
i went to Tenn. and those people was so nice i feel out of place and like a dumby next to them

Old 04-06-2011, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,504 times
hi guys, is New Orleans university any good?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:17 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
It's undergoing some investigation (not criminal) to merge it with a HBCU located next to it. I'm looking to attend UNO in a couple years and hope something is figured out before I transfer. This isn't the thread for this topic though.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 AM

299 posts, read 641,487 times
North Lousiana's Geographical landscape is dominated with rolling hills and forrests. South Louisiana is mostly dominated by flat land, marsh, and swamps. While both regions are beautiful, I personally prefer the landscape of Northern Louisiana.

As far as people are concerned, I found both north and south of the state to be equally friendly and welcoming.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 AM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
They really are just as pleasant. We could say the same about northern Louisianans but it wouldn't be true, people are people wherever you go.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 PM

4 posts, read 12,217 times
Ive been here in N Louisiana for about 3 months. I am from Lafayette (S Louisiana) I have friends up here so Im not going to dog N Louisiana to much. But I do have issues up here. I dont think N Louisiana is progessive as far as there way of thinking. Stuck in there ways as far as thinking outside the box a little bit. And if your a minority, your really gonna feel uncomfortable compared to S Louisiana. Even though there are alot of rural towns in both S Louisiana and N Louisiana, the South is light years ahead of the North. People look at you funny in North Louisiana if u talk different from them, personally I love it, but some people might have a hard time adjusting to it. Im not a fan of the "Ol South" So I really dont like it. But if your from Mississippi, Texas, Alabama, You will love it because to me its the same culture nothing specail to it. If you say tate-ors, instead of potatoes N Louisiana is the place for you. But im gonna keep giving life a chance up here lol because as much things Ive said in this post, there are alot of good people up here, and I am from Louisiana just like them so we all got to stick together...

Old 04-12-2011, 02:06 PM

94 posts, read 220,211 times
I've been living in Shreveport for about a year now, but was born and raised in Lafayette. It's definitely not Cajun country here, but the people are very nice. I find about half the people here really cling to the uniqueness that is Louisiana culture and the other half wish they lived in Texas. I've only been to Monroe once, to visit a friend at La. Tech, so I don't have much experience there. I will say the country around Monroe is very pretty and there's lots of good hunting & fishing if you're in to that stuff. I'm not a big fan of the Baton Rouge/Hammond/Florida Parishes. Too much like Mississippi and Baton Rouge in particular has some very snobby people in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana