U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 2,179,781 times
Reputation: 1496

Advertisements

Farmerville isn't so bad about this. We have a Wal Mart and brookshires and big star. We also have three different chicken places, taco bell, sonic, McDonald, subway, and a Mexican place, huddle house and I think 4 or 5 other restaurants. I believe most of it is from tourism because of the lake we have here though.

The bad thing is though you have No bypass and there is so much traffic it is ridiculous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
1,357 posts, read 4,982,451 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Farmerville isn't so bad about this. We have a Wal Mart and brookshires and big star. We also have three different chicken places, taco bell, sonic, McDonald, subway, and a Mexican place, huddle house and I think 4 or 5 other restaurants. I believe most of it is from tourism because of the lake we have here though.

The bad thing is though you have No bypass and there is so much traffic it is ridiculous!
Good thing Farmerville has those chicken restaurants - we need to keep Pilgrims Pride going !

(Note to those reading: the Legislature approved a subsidy to enable the chicken processing plant (the mainstay of the Union Parish economy) to stay open.)

Last edited by BRMan; 05-14-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Be more specific as to who approved the subsidy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 2,179,781 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
Good thing Farmerville has those chicken restaurants - we need to keep Pilgrims Pride going !

(Note to those reading: they approved a subsidy to enable the chicken processing plant (the mainstay of the Union Parish economy) to stay open.)
Never thought of that before but you are right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2009, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 2,709,112 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Farmerville isn't so bad about this. We have a Wal Mart and brookshires and big star. We also have three different chicken places, taco bell, sonic, McDonald, subway, and a Mexican place, huddle house and I think 4 or 5 other restaurants. I believe most of it is from tourism because of the lake we have here though.

The bad thing is though you have No bypass and there is so much traffic it is ridiculous!
Trust me, Farmerville's "traffic" is not ridiculous. I dunno, I've seen much worse. But for a town of its size, it may have a little too much traffic.

I'm not sure if I agree with using the state money for these things (chicken plant). But since it is there, it is best used to save the existing plants, its hard to attract new industry. Oddly enough, with all my experience with the town, I know few people who actually work at the chicken plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2009, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 2,179,781 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Trust me, Farmerville's "traffic" is not ridiculous. I dunno, I've seen much worse. But for a town of its size, it may have a little too much traffic.

I'm not sure if I agree with using the state money for these things (chicken plant). But since it is there, it is best used to save the existing plants, its hard to attract new industry. Oddly enough, with all my experience with the town, I know few people who actually work at the chicken plant.
Maybe ut isn't ridiculous but so such a small town traffic is bad. Somedays are worse than others. I remember one day it took 45 minutes to get from the first red light. To the second red light by the chicken place. That is no joke.


I do not know anyone who actually works at the chicken plant either. I do know someone who has chicken houses though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2009, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 2,709,112 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Maybe ut isn't ridiculous but so such a small town traffic is bad. Somedays are worse than others. I remember one day it took 45 minutes to get from the first red light. To the second red light by the chicken place. That is no joke.


I do not know anyone who actually works at the chicken plant either. I do know someone who has chicken houses though.
I know where you're talking about. That is pretty bad. Maybe I just come through at good times of the day?

My family used to own some chicken houses in the Sterlington area (union parish still) They suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Lafayette, La
2,047 posts, read 4,680,634 times
Reputation: 1437
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Maybe ut isn't ridiculous but so such a small town traffic is bad. Somedays are worse than others. I remember one day it took 45 minutes to get from the first red light. To the second red light by the chicken place. That is no joke.


I do not know anyone who actually works at the chicken plant either. I do know someone who has chicken houses though.
come down and visit Lafayette for a whole new perspective on bad traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 2,179,781 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
come down and visit Lafayette for a whole new perspective on bad traffic.
I lived in Dallas and been to Los Angeles I have seen BAD traffic before but you know this town is maybe 3000 people. You would not think there was so much.
I have never been to Lafayette before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2009, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, La
2,047 posts, read 4,680,634 times
Reputation: 1437
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
I lived in Dallas and been to Los Angeles I have seen BAD traffic before but you know this town is maybe 3000 people. You would not think there was so much.
I have never been to Lafayette before.
its well worth visiting.
This is probably the best Lafayette has ever looked and been. The city has a much more modern feel to it, but still retains a lot of the charm of being in the center of cajun country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 2,709,112 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
come down and visit Lafayette for a whole new perspective on bad traffic.
I agree. Laffy is worse than a lot of large metros. Houston and Laffy during rush hour are comparable..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top