Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 PM

2 posts, read 8,066 times

Advertisements

Hi... It looks like I may have a possible move from PA to LA this
summer. Does anyone know of any dog clubs in the area of Leesville?
I am considering training my Bernese Mountain Dog for the obedience/drafting certification. He already has his CGC
certification. I would appreciate any info that would may help.

Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 01:03 PM

10 posts, read 83,915 times
All I know is there is an obedience school on highway 28. It is located a few minutes off of highway 171 in Leesville. You could probably find the information online.

*Your dog will be miserable here. The woman I nannied for has a Bernese and ahe had to shave all of his hair because of the heat (she moved from MA). You cannot even leave some dogs outside here because of the heat. Ex- my boston terrier will overheat if I was to leave him outside while I go to work. I am sure you probably already know this, but just some friendly info.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM

10 posts, read 83,915 times
Additionally, I know my BIL had his hunting dogs trained in Leesville. If I can, I will try to get where he sent his dogs.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 AM

2 posts, read 8,066 times
Hi... Thanks for the info... I kind of figured it would be to "hot" for my dog. He is an inside dog.
He was a mill resuce and he actually doesn't like it outside. I have a fenced in yard with a dog
door and he just goes out to take care of business and right back in. Even if I an out - he will
only stay out a little but. My significant other is there now. He is looking for a house. What
ever house we buy - it will end up with a fenced in yard and a dog door. I already know my
dog will stay in the house.. ha ha He still has some issues from being a puppy mill dog. That is why
I would like to find a "dog club" or something in La. It will help build his confidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
View detailed profiles of: