U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 AM

11 posts, read 27,786 times

Advertisements

Hi
could anyone give me their input on either of these two schools please
Cypress Cove elementary or Bonne Ecole elementary?
Or if anyone knows of any other good schools in the Slidell area?
We are moving from England and dont know the area so if any one has any info to help us out that would be great!
Also does anyone know roughly how much private schools are?
Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,091 times
Default Slidell School Cypress Cove

My daughter goes to Cypress Cove. Now all schools have goods and bads but I am pleased with this school. There are lots of contests that the kids enter through out the year, there are several programs the kids put off through out the year. It is however a BIG school. Only two major grades and tons of kids, K-1st. My favorite is the small things the kids have an opportunity to be apart of. Every morning they have a meeting with the principle and disscuss things. The kids have opportunities to say things in front of the school, they have little programs during the day. Last month they had a MARDIS GRAS BALL which was the teachers doing a short play and then the kids doing a bunch of different dances they had learned. Don't know if you have heard of it from back in the 80's but the dancing part reminded me of SOUL TRAIN! We have been to five different elementary schools and I am pleased the most so far with Cypress Cove!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,066 times
Bonne Ecole Elementary has been around for over 25 years. My parents live in the same subdivision, Bon Village. It is a very nice school and always has been.

According to their website, http://bonneecoleelementary.stpsb.org/hist.htm (broken link), the school currently has kindergarten through fifth grade, with modular classrooms for sixth grade arriving presently. The area did not flood in Hurricane Katrina and pretty much all the damage has been repaired.

If you move into that area of Slidell, the school would be a good choice.

Lee

Old 03-27-2007, 10:49 PM

53 posts, read 309,913 times
Little Oak Elementary in Slidell is GREAT! They had one of the best principals in the world until she passed away a few years ago. It is still a fabulous school filled with caring educators.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:29 AM

11 posts, read 27,786 times
Hi, thank you for your replies.
We were in slidell last week to have a look at houses and schools and we found that we liked cypress cove the most it just felt like a really lovely school.Plus luckily most of the houses we liked too were in the catchment area for that school.So hopefully we will be able to get my eldest son in for the start of next years take-in for kindergarten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana