U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 01:34 AM

426 posts, read 1,174,070 times

Advertisements

I will be down in the Baldwin/Franklin/New Iberia area in early March and was wondering if there are any thrift/second hand stores(Salvation Army or Goodwill type) or fleamarkets in that area? Anything within say 20 to 25 miles. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 12:24 PM

49 posts, read 188,182 times
There's a Goodwill on Admiral Doyle Drive in New Iberia, also about 3 Goodwill stores in Lafayette, and a Salvation army. There is also the Jockey Lot Flea Market open on Saturday & Sunday's only (quite a lot of vendors with nice things there) in Lafayette off of I-49 Just north of I-10 between Exit 2 & 3 I believe. Its about 25 miles north of New Iberia. You may also want to Visit Crossroads Antiques its in Opelousas there are some great buys in there more than just Antiques, its about 20 miles north of the Jockey lot at Cresswell Lane exit 18 off of I-49, there is also a Goodwill at the same Exit.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:29 AM

Default stores

Thank you for the info. Am glad to hear there are Salvation Armys and Goodwills. Are there any St Vincent De Pauls that you know of?
Will check out the fleamarkets to. Do you know if they have outdoor vendors or is it to ealry in the year? Will the weather be ok in early March? Thanks for all the info.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 AM

49 posts, read 188,182 times
There are no St. Vincent De Pauls, The ones similar to their mission is probably ARC of Iberia, Google them they have a website. There are 11 Retail stores located in the Acadiana Area. Lafayette, New Iberia, Opelousas and I believe Morgan City has a location. They are consingment thrift stores.

In March the weather will be beautiful 65 - 80 for highs, lows 50-60 with little or no Humidity , There are days with hit and miss showers (scattered), but it should be comfortable.

The Jockey lot Flea market is open year round on Saturdays & Sundays, it has an indoor and outdoor section, the outdoor area is covered, due to our summertime monsoonal rains. The weather should be good so their may be alot of vendors there the indoor vendor are always full.
The Salvation Army store is located on N Chestnut street & Third or Second Street (cant remember which one) in downtown Lafayette.
The ARC of St. Landry store in located on N Union Street not far from the GoodWill. The Crossroads Antiques doesn't have much clothes, mostly house hold items ex. Furniture, glassware, toys lots of different stuff of the past. Its nice to browse around in there you'll probably be saying " Oh I used to have one of these".

South of New Iberia (Franklin to Morgan City) I don't know much of whats offered there, As I spend most of my time in Lafayette, Opelousas & New Iberia and lived in all these cities and some point in time. I dont recall were the ARC of Iberia store is located but there # is on there website you can probaly call and they will give you the locations of all their stores.

Too bad you can't come in the next two weeks to experience our Cajun Mardi Gras, I find it better than New Orleans and a lot less rowdy if you know what I mean.

Hope you enjoy your Visit & Welcome to Louisiana Cher ( Cher definition = "dear" pronunciation "sha")

(mais cher dat be good) a bit of Cajun Humor, Check out Acadianaliving.com they have definitions to alot of cajun talk.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Default shopping

Thanks again,I will check those places out.My boyfriend actually has family there in Lafayette, Franklin and Baldwin, but they are not into the shopping at those stores. I am hoping they know where they are. The fleamarket sounds great. Ours don't open until April or May. The weather will be nice to. I need abreak from the Michigan cold, although it is actually starting to warm up.Looking forward to trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana