Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:37 PM

154 posts, read 533,903 times

Advertisements

Who do you guys support? Rangers, Astros, or someone that I am leaving out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 07:32 PM

768 posts, read 4,386,809 times
Shreveport Captains was once a AAA ball club for the San Francisco Giants. Back when I followed baseball, I followed the Giants for that reason. It was cool to see some of those guys play in Shreveport and eventually end up playing for the Giants, and I admit it was even cool sometimes to see some Giants players get demoted just so I could see them play here in Shreveport.

These days, I don't follow baseball at all, but I have been known to attend a Rangers game or two in Dallas for the heck of it.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,882 times
Lots of Stros fans here too!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:28 PM

Whhy doesnt Shreveport or Monroe have a minor league team? So you guys follow the Rangers and Astros?

Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees_are_kool View Post
Whhy doesnt Shreveport or Monroe have a minor league team? So you guys follow the Rangers and Astros?
Shreveport has the Captains... it's no longer a farm club of the San Francisco Giants since attendance has dropped significantly over the decades, but it is a minor league team nonetheless.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:24 PM

Oh okay, I thought by your last post they had stoped playing after SF droped them.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:33 AM

425 posts, read 1,436,767 times
My Chicagoan girlfriend pointed out a lot of Cubs apparell when she visited with me. When I was playing little league, we were all Braves fans, but that was in the days of Glavine, Maddux, and Chipper Jones. When they weren't embarrassingly bad.

Since then, I think most of us grew up and became Astros/Rangers fans.

Captains games were fun. I had my 8th birthday party there. I think they are called the Sports now, and they have a great special for Thursday home games. I believe it's $1 beers and hot dogs.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank0604 View Post
My Chicagoan girlfriend pointed out a lot of Cubs apparell when she visited with me. When I was playing little league, we were all Braves fans, but that was in the days of Glavine, Maddux, and Chipper Jones. When they weren't embarrassingly bad.

Since then, I think most of us grew up and became Astros/Rangers fans.

Captains games were fun. I had my 8th birthday party there. I think they are called the Sports now, and they have a great special for Thursday home games. I believe it's $1 beers and hot dogs.
They were the Captains, then the "Swamp Dragons", then the Sports, and now they're the Captains again as of a week or two ago. I was glad to see the old name come back.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,973,285 times
Yeah, the Shreveport-Bossier Captains still exist, they are just a member of the Independent American Association now. They used to be known as the Sports. This team was created when the Shreveport Swamp Dragons moved to Frisco, Texas, to become the RoughRiders. Many people, myself included, prefer Indy ball because of the cheap ticket prices and scheduled loaded with promotions.

G Man

Old 02-18-2009, 03:10 PM

So why does Monroe not have a A,AA, or AAA? Is the market just not there? I live near Lexington, KY and we have the legends, and a town much smaller than Monroe, Bowling Green, has a team. I read it was a huge football state, may that be the reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana