U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:33 PM

32 posts, read 149,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
I know what you mean I miss Arkansas too! Mostly my family who still all lives there. All but my parents. But I think I would miss Florida more it just seems so fun.
Florida is fun... It's unbelievably fun - that's why it's a vacation hotspot for the US. There are a lot of good things about living in Florida but there are good things everywhere. Arkansas is absolutely beautiful too... I had the pleasure of driving through it but not the experience of staying there to enjoy it. I plan to visit Arkansas for fun soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,178,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherBunster View Post
Florida is fun... It's unbelievably fun - that's why it's a vacation hotspot for the US. There are a lot of good things about living in Florida but there are good things everywhere. Arkansas is absolutely beautiful too... I had the pleasure of driving through it but not the experience of staying there to enjoy it. I plan to visit Arkansas for fun soon.
If you go to Arkansas you have to at least go to hot springs! I like it there is a lot to do for a small kinda town. The horse races though did not impress me.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 PM

32 posts, read 149,151 times
Quote:
If you go to Arkansas you have to at least go to hot springs! I like it there is a lot to do for a small kinda town. The horse races though did not impress me.
We have horsey races back home but hills and awesome views we did not have... My first impression of driving through Hot Springs was "Wow, this is beautiful, we need to come back". Arkansas is breath taking.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM

772 posts, read 4,097,292 times
Hot Springs is great. I'm supposed to head back up there next month. I usually vacation up there 1-2 times each year. Love it!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes it is nice in Hot Springs! I miss going up there and just walking down bath house row and window shopping. Last time we went we took 3 of our kids cause the twins we not thougt of then and went to the mid American museum! They had so much fun. The wax museum is good too. Plus you have like 3 lakes with in driving distance. Me personally I love degrey in arkadelphia. I lived there once too. And Dakota my oldest Dakota was born in hot springs at National park medical center.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM

929 posts, read 2,440,913 times
Born in Monroe, Grew up in Farmerville, Moved to Haynesville in '85, married and settled down.
We bought a place between Heber Springs and Pangburn Arkansas last summer after vacating in that area for 9 years. Beautiful scenery, great trout fishing, and wonderful neighbors. Best of all, on an island. Rainbow Island ( thus my user name). On one of the premier trout rivers in Ar. The Litttle Red River. We go there as much as we can and hope to live there one day.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
Born in Monroe, Grew up in Farmerville, Moved to Haynesville in '85, married and settled down.
We bought a place between Heber Springs and Pangburn Arkansas last summer after vacating in that area for 9 years. Beautiful scenery, great trout fishing, and wonderful neighbors. Best of all, on an island. Rainbow Island ( thus my user name). On one of the premier trout rivers in Ar. The Litttle Red River. We go there as much as we can and hope to live there one day.
I have never been to Heber springs but heard it was beautiful! I told DH we needed to go someday though.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:46 PM

929 posts, read 2,440,913 times
Quote:
I have never been to Heber springs but heard it was beautiful! I told DH we needed to go someday though.
Don't go or you will wind up like me. 2 water bills, 2 electric bills. and a 4 hour drive (one way) every other week. And wishing I was there all the time.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:56 PM

30 posts, read 90,157 times
I'm from Ohio, I miss it like crazy!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGirl87 View Post
I'm from Ohio, I miss it like crazy!
What brings you to Louisiana?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or