U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 AM

430 posts, read 332,144 times

Advertisements

I wonder if anybody remembers me or have i really have become a legend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:52 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,990,702 times
I've never heard of you and I've been from Mount Driskill to Chenier Au Tigre and many points North of the Mamou Dixon line.

Legend in the mind of whom?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM

308 posts, read 537,748 times
Default Houdy Folks

Hello all you Louisiana folks. An old Kentucky boy here, I thought I would drop in and look around and seen the chat threads. I never been to Louisiana. I've only been west of the Mississippi a couple of times and I was flying then,so, I didn't see much. My brother-in-law married a lady from I think Louisiana. I hear the food is very good. I love sea food ,I have been known to eat a crawdad or two. I like spicy hot food but, does most everyone like spicy hot food down that way? Tell me about Louisiana...I can imagine the coast but, what about the rest of the state? Is it flat country for the most part? I live at the foothills of the mountains of eastern Kentucky. Not much going on here the economy has slowed us down some, how is it down that way? Well I could probably ask questions all night but I better hush. I think I'll try to get down that way sometime. We will talk later...Thanks!

Old 09-16-2010, 08:32 PM

2,881 posts, read 2,597,879 times
Lousiana food is not all spicy. there is a blend of seasonings it takes to get the louisiana flavour you want. There is a process. One cannot simply put red pepper on something and it be "cajun" or "creole". Louisiana is flat for the most part, but it's gets more hilly as your go up to the northern parts of it. We have parishes(equivalent of counties, but historically run by the local church). The food is good, the ppl are generally friendly. And if you come w/ an open mind, you should be accepted w/ open arms.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
Lousiana food is not all spicy. there is a blend of seasonings it takes to get the louisiana flavour you want. There is a process. One cannot simply put red pepper on something and it be "cajun" or "creole". Louisiana is flat for the most part, but it's gets more hilly as your go up to the northern parts of it. We have parishes(equivalent of counties, but historically run by the local church). The food is good, the ppl are generally friendly. And if you come w/ an open mind, you should be accepted w/ open arms.
Thank you...well I figured me being an old Kentucky redneck I might fit in. I kinda think Louisiana people and Kentucky people might me somewhat alike. I have always heard about the Parishes but didn't put two and two together with the Church...how about that! If it works go for it. I sure would like to try out some of the real Cajun food and I think I can probably get along with most everyone I'll do my part.

Kentucky is very different from east to west, east we have a lot of mountains that's where a lot of the coal comes from but, coal is mined some out west. The west is flat to rolling hills lots of farming going on now corn mostly I think, for ethanol. A small part of western Kentucky has some swamps and the trees that grow in and around water...cant remember the name of them.

Thanks again, have a good day.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 AM

lol.yea people miss me, Look how they bringing my old threads back. Omg, and then they picking on me with my bad grammar, spelling, usage and punctuation. Maybe I should lie and tell 'em im foreigh from Austrailia, but them I'd be an Aussie Legend eh? Anyway.....Im back More from me.....where the veterans at????

im coming for the rep points!!!!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:04 PM

Well, according to Webster...Legend= a folk tale. So be it...what makes you a legend?

I remember my Mother telling me "Don't you be telling me no tales now" corse I never did, I was a body of truth.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
Well, according to Webster...Legend= a folk tale. So be it...what makes you a legend?

I remember my Mother telling me "Don't you be telling me no tales now" corse I never did, I was a body of truth.
Well....some people consider me that, because I have a vivid imaginantion. Im somewhat of a wonder. People love and hate me at the sametime all because I represent something that most people are afraid......dreams. I dare to dream, I dare to imagine, I dare to push for my inner most desire.....Why?

All to became a true to life LOUISIANA LEGEND.....

You might see that in my writings on here, when im not stirring up the crowd.......just trying to get people to think harder and dream harder.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Well....some people consider me that, because I have a vivid imaginantion. Im somewhat of a wonder. People love and hate me at the sametime all because I represent something that most people are afraid......dreams. I dare to dream, I dare to imagine, I dare to push for my inner most desire.....Why?

All to became a true to life LOUISIANA LEGEND.....

You might see that in my writings on here, when im not stirring up the crowd.......just trying to get people to think harder and dream harder.
Nothing wrong with thinking harder and dreaming harder. I'll have to add they they also need to think for themselves for a change, nothing more evident of that than politics. What I mean is, don't let someone else tell you what to do in regard to making choices. Just because a large group of people want your support...it is in most cases to their benefit, not yours. I better nush...I'm off topic.

Later

Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 PM

You mean I got the last word in, WOW...I never get to do that at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana